Nostradamus Vs 2012

thr339z

Unfortunately in the past people have really only been able to match Nostradamus's writings to events which have already happened, not to actually take his writing and foresee and event. Basically because his shit was too cryptic for his own good and as a tool for looking forward they are...we...not so helpful. So yeah, we'll see I guess.

2012 is actually the date of the 'end of time' on the ancient Mayan calendar.

We are living today in the cusp of the Mayan end times, the end of a galactic day or time period spanning thousands of years. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years.

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle.

This transition is often mistranslated as the 'end of time' but it really just means the 'end of an age'. We will simply be transitioning from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius.

More Info

2012 is actually the date of the 'end of time' on the ancient Mayan calendar.

We are living today in the cusp of the Mayan end times, the end of a galactic day or time period spanning thousands of years. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years.

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle.

This transition is often mistranslated as the 'end of time' but it really just means the 'end of an age'. We will simply be transitioning from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius.

More Info

oh right... yeah i saw that in Zeitgeist...

I for one welcome our new Mayan overlords...

i'm willing to bet ANYONE $1000 that the world won't end in 2012.

Any takers?

fuckin lol. such a loaded bet.

option A) the world doesnt end, and someone has to pay you a grand

option B) the world ends and we're all dead so you dont have to pay them squat.

love your style grinder

I'm willing to bet that by 2012 Redstar's signature will be so long these forums are no longer browsable due to excessive server load and the neverending scrolling required to get down the page.

Nah by 2012 I would have found how to upload my self as well as starman to the internet and we will be able to log on and create havoc on any server forum or what ever at will and in multiplicity..

But seriously

yah my sig is big .. It wont get bigger i promise... the pic o me boy is just too cool not to show off...

I initially ignored this thread because I took it to be another 'end is nigh'/'we all gonna die' thread.

However, after reading that website Pakage posted up last night and watching the US Presidential Address this morning, I'm far more inclined to believe that the Mayan's have a valid point.

I think we live in a really interesting world right abouts now.

yeah. i mean, all they pretty much did was study time. you'd hope that after a few thousand years of it they might have figured some shit out lol.

their theories on the time cycles and how everything, even events happen in a cyclical fashion is really buzzy. And they were one of the few civilizations to actually have lasted long enough to possibly witness these cycles.

makes ya think anyway.

I initially ignored this thread because I took it to be another 'end is nigh'/'we all gonna die' thread.

However, after reading that website Pakage posted up last night and watching the US Presidential Address this morning, I'm far more inclined to believe that the Mayan's have a valid point.

I think we live in a really interesting world right abouts now.

yeah..Im the first to admit that I have a dystopian obsession and I do bang on a bit somtimes. BUT!!!!!!

The myans and the 2012 enigma has been a topic i have been reserching for a few years now.

My take on it is simple. and it feeds into my political position.

Basically the planet and humans are getting fucked over on a daily basis. There needs to be massive change and there is always change, as its constant.

Who knows if the myans are right? and or there will be a massive pshysical shift of the poles ( I personally belive its a shift in ideals and intellect) only time will tell. and I really hope for the sake of humanity they are wrong. very wrong If infact it is a shift of the poles, but I hope they are right if its a shift in conciousness

I do however think that there has to be somthing better. And I believe that materialism and servitude are not the way forward. As we sit on the edge of a "global crisis" "enviromental destruction" "wars and more wars" you really have to ask your self? why cant we be better? why cant we be equal? and why do we have to submit to the whims of the few when we are the many.

and you know its only gonna get worse UNLESS we really take it upon our selves and attempt to either change or selves indervidually and or change collectivly.

Its a hard concept to grasp I know , and I have had every reason why im wrong thrown at me over the years . But all you have to do is look in the eyes of a child and look at their hope and their dreams and their aspirations. and think of them , and their kids and your kids and ask your self! like really really ask your self Is the way we are living good? does it serve any purpose ? will it be and is it sustainable..

At the end its up to us....

we could be the last generation that has the ability to change shit..

The future ibelongs to the kids that are being born or have recently been born or are about to... its NOT ours

see you on the barricades !

haha, yeah man, well put

I do see your point and share similar thoughts, aspirations for mankind and ideals about a world where things are better. But all that is very easy to say until it is actually witnessed.

I think that Obama has the right idea about himself and hopefully other nations will follow the 'change' concept if they are not doing so already.

Overall we'll just have to see.

As regards the videos at the start of this thread, i watched No. 1, 2 and half of 5 which was enough to gain the rough ideas being thrown around and what this Mayan event means.

The other things mentioned in the videos (i.e. pole reversal, tectonic shifts etc) could happen but I regard them as unlikely speculation and as to whether it'll ultimately destroy mankind or the planet...naahh!!