Revolt/Crisis

perceptualChaos

Pretty crazy what's going on in Europe atm... lots of pissed off people about the lack of jobs and the bailing out of the banks with taxpayer funds. The kid that got shot dead by police didn't help either.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jan/31/global-recession-europe-protests

Capitalism in it's current form; a system fuelled by continuous growth - is inherently unstable IMO and I've always predicted it will collapse sometime in the next ten years... but I don't think it's going to happen this time. Things will pick back up again eventually but I don't think we can just go back to the way things were.

Everyone talks about the US housing bubble and collapse of the financial institutions causing all this shit but I think the root cause is that the economy was so fucking weak. kinda like AIDS you know... you end up dieing from a common cold when the real problem was that you let someone fuck you in the ass.

All this talk of revolt always gets me thinking what it'd be like if everything really did come crashing down, if the economy kept moving on a downward spiral. What would we do? What kind of system would be put in place to succeed what we have? What extent would we go to for the sake of change?

All this talk of revolt always gets me thinking what it'd be like if everything really did come crashing down, if the economy kept moving on a downward spiral. What would we do? What kind of system would be put in place to succeed what we have? What extent would we go to for the sake of change?

Its hard to really say what we could put in place that would work .

I know that it would be a hard fight regardless. I can kinda see that a place like auckland would maybe break off into collectives like neighbourhood co-oprativesand trade using skills and goods. But this scenario would be a while after the innital crash. As at that time all sorts of political groups and gangs would be fighting. also the stae would be well on the war path regardless of who was in power ,centre right or centre left.

What would I do? go left as fuck, black block insurections gurilla tactics and redistributing the wealth .Target stratigic positions with like minded peeps and hold tight and fend off the attacks. I would think by that point the collective would form a council that would facilitate the needs of the community Ie food ,water ,efence , schooling ethics and collective morals.

But new zealand being new zealand their will be a militant and organised nationalist right that would side with the more extreme elements of the previous government and instigate a neo facist order that would (attempt) to strip people of their self determination at gun point or at the will of the right jack boot.

I think that a simular situation that happened in the spanish civil war would happen here but a less organised one and way more nasty,

wow, only just seen this thread. pretty epic stuff to say the least.

interesting (and also so so typical) of the French going on mass strike. i've often pondered what would happen if everyone decided

"that's it. i've had enough, i'm not doing sh*t."

i kinda know what i'd do WTSHTF, but it probably isn't feasible in reality (or requires a lot more research) and i'd end up joining Redstar's gang and cause some sh*t

in terms of systems to put in place for things to succeed...not sure, there's really a host of different outcomes. but one based on renewable resources and sustainable living would be a good start...plus i always think there's work available in the 'maintenance' sector (i.e. building maintenance, road maintenance etc) but that in itself is probably finite.

i'd be prepared (although pretty bummed out initially) to give up everything i have for the sake of change for the better. i think there is a lot to gain from such a drastic change in addition to the amazment and realisation of what life can (or should) be like.

my lifestyle right now is hardly flambouyant so it wouldn't be too hard...i'm just so so SO glad that i live in New Zealand now and not the UK.

Edited by Guest

This was a pretty interesting read on how the global economy has largely shifted to being speculative (i.e not based on anything measurably valuable)

http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/81/the_crisis.html

well, after just reading this, i'd have to say that land should be free, mortgages written off, trade between communities within its own country a must (with less emphasis on international trade), sustainable use of natural resources and sustainable use of the manufactured resources already around us, less emphasis on 'looking good' and materialism...but that sh*t just sounds crazy and i guess it would result in a sh*te load of fighting and uncontrollable behaviour...

i think he ends his/her article really well, especially the last couple of paragraphs - everyone should read the article.

and you can forget 'growth'...man...greedy banks and rich people. it seems it's all come round to bite them in the ar*e.

side note:

have any of you heard of hedge investments?? this probably added some extra fuel to the fire - Hedge Fund

This was a pretty interesting read on how the global economy has largely shifted to being speculative (i.e not based on anything measurably valuable)

http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/81/the_crisis.html

well, after just reading this, i'd have to say that land should be free, mortgages written off, trade between communities within its own country a must (with less emphasis on international trade), sustainable use of natural resources and sustainable use of the manufactured resources already around us, less emphasis on 'looking good' and materialism...but that sh*t just sounds crazy and i guess it would result in a sh*te load of fighting and uncontrollable behaviour...

i think he ends his/her article really well, especially the last couple of paragraphs - everyone should read the article.

and you can forget 'growth'...man...greedy banks and rich people. it seems it's all come round to bite them in the ar*e.

side note:

have any of you heard of hedge investments?? this probably added some extra fuel to the fire - Hedge Fund

thats the shit ryte thur......

the only! way forward....