Pool Comp

Rolf

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we play killer we have a rule that if someone sinks the white, the other two players get a ball back on the table, dunno if that's the official way to do it tho

^ thats called 'ball-up' and is pretty common pub-rule for 8-ball as well

Sounds like it could let two people gang up on the other... even though only one of them could take it out...

Yeah thats the way it usually pans out.. not sure if its a good idea for a fair final tbh.

Then again, I still havent even entered the pool comp yet so il just go sit down and shut up now.

Maybe keep the 3 way comp going but do it a bit differently...

Would be nice to have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize...

If it's a 3 way final maybe do it like...

1 vs. 2 -> 2 vs. 3 -> 3 vs. 1

Worst case scenario = 3 way draw.. in this case repeat the process..

Each win = 1 point in the finals..

Just repeat the process until someone comes out on top?

• 4 weeks later...

computer is finally up and running and available for use. it's been a few weeks. had a few comps since the last post, given away a few tickets, had some good tuesday nights but it seems attendance is slacking off a bit. makes it easier to win i guess...

well anyway, this week we've got a double pass to junglist on sat to give away. cheers getafix. bar tab as always. hope to see everyone there

• 2 weeks later...

hello again. pretty quiet one last week. it was damn cold. nato beat me in the first round -which means i TOTALLY suck- and went on to win the whole thing. although there were only eight players due to the aforementioned low temperature (at least i think that was it, i hope thats the only reason).

anyway, this week we've got a double pass to the fubar 7th birthday gig to give away. which will be one hell of a gig as always. i ASSUME you'll all be going anyway

hope to see some more of you pussies this week. it's not THAT cold

well, actually got time to post today. nato won (again) and actually got the bar tab this week.

nice to see a good crowd at safari.

i lost my first game.

out in the first round.

and i'd finally had my cue fixed...

what the hell is wrong with me? :eusa_eh:

oh well. anyway, next week it's a double pass to liquid recreation, which should also be damn good (as long as i survive this weekend :skullslay: )

oh, and this time i'm actually gonna have to get that two dollars off everyone. had almost nothing at the end of the night. though i think scott's running it next week, it can be his problem

iou $2 atleast Rolf =)

And as we were discussing last night, I think there needs to be some official rules set down for the Downtrail..

Now it was mentioned last night that certain females (like sisters and girlfriends) should be made exempt from this rule.

Here is my suggestion:

Downtrail:

If the other person sinks all their balls and the black and all 7 of your balls are still on the table you have to drop your pants (underpants may remain in holstered) and walk around the pool table atleast twice.

Some people have argued that it should be around the table once but this is a downTRAIL not a downROUTE. In order to be a trail it must have been travelled more than once imo

Females.. if you get downtrailed.. well.. I suggest they have to atleast bow their head in shame and maybe hop or waddle around the table, all spectators should be aloud to point, laugh and throw bar snacks at the victim.

That's my suggestion anyway

Some people have argued that it should be around the table once but this is a downTRAIL not a downROUTE. In order to be a trail it must have been travelled more than once imo

touche thats fuckin crackup

I'd play by those rules... *mental note to self, commando at safari from now on*

touche thats fuckin crackup

I'd play by those rules... *mental note to self, commando at safari from now on*

Mark you sick fucker!

No one wants to see your meat and 2 veg aiight..

:tet2neu:

i'm gonna need more varied input before i sort the official rules for this.

anyway, just a reminder of the comp and that the tickets this week are for liquid recreation this sat. hope to see you all there

well, time for another comp. guess who won again last week :| someone has to take nato down this week. i played last night and it seems i'm still playing very badly so it probably won't be me. (anyone know whhere scott is?)

this week it's a double pass to tech support. should be yet another good gig. we've been spoilt for gigs for the past while now. good to see. hope to see you tomorrow night.

and if anyone has more ideas for the official rules for a downtrou in our comp let me know.

and if anyone has more ideas for the official rules for a downtrou in our comp let me know.

Downtrou... true, I've always thought it was 'Downtrail', ahh well... anyhow...

My Sugestions for a fair Downtrou...

----

A Downtrou may only be delivered if the participant takes at least five shots

And if a player sinks the black before any other ball it isn't a downtrou...

Allow the skulling of one pint in substitution of said downtrou for those of us with obscenely hairy arses (Not me... if I can't sink a ball in five shots and someone wins in that time, I'll gladly expose myself in the name of public humiliation)

---