moving to NZ this year! =)

Aggrovator

hey peoples...

im planning to move out to NZ this year, not sure where yet...im from the uk, moved to Sydney in 2004..

i'm part of 4thquadrant crew in Sydney and run Konkrete Jungle here, been djing for 10 years and played in bands before that, 4Q have been going strong in Sydney for nearly 4 years now...keen to get involved in NZ not sure what city im gonna be in yet though, possibly Christchurch got some mates there...

basically just wondering where you guys would reccomend as a place to land, any advice wecome ive never been there and looking forward to it heaps have only heard good things especially about the jungle

have a lot of energy to put into helping out promoters and just getting involved in general and hope to play for nz crew on the regular whilst im there, have allot of experience doing parties and cant wait to see what aeteroa has to offer and hopefully what i can offer u guys..

cheers anyways hope everyones keepin well!

anyone wants to email me use myspace

www.myspace.com/djaggrovator - plenty of mixes up on there too..

Cheers....Dave

Edited by Guest

Auckland.

Most of the people on this particular forum are from the Auckland region.

I love it up here to be honest.

Each city's got its good and bad points. It just depends what you like i guess.

what are your other interests? or what do you want to get out of where you live and its surroundings?

coz theres really quite a lot of diversity in new zealand.

do you like summer at the beaches or winters on the mountains lol.

Edited by Guest

where evers good really bro.

auckland, wellington and christchurch all have strong drum and bass scenes.

take your pick

Also Dunedin easily one of the best scenes in the country!

oops! yeah, sorry dunners, i forgot ya

im actually keen on some snowy colder weather and mountains yeah, been in sydney for a while, need some change...

my main interest is music, i spend most of my time promoting/organising events, writing music and djing...but thats maybe due to the fact ive been head down in the scene here non stop the whole time, i wanns try snowboarding and some outdoor stuff, do some treks etc...but i wanna be near thriving a music centre also...not too fussy i guess lol...

so what are the bad points and good points of say christchurch for instance in your experience?

ive only ever visited christchurch, i havent lived there, so i cant really comment much about it.

if you want snowboarding and that, id definately go to the south island. they have lush ski fields down there.

in the north island there is 1 mountain that you can ski on, but it gets pretty damn crowded most of the season.

christchurch is bigger than dunedin if that makes any difference.

anyone got any further advice?

my mate Gautham lived in Queenstown for a while with sunshine soundsystem apparently its pretty mad there too for snowboarding..

my mum grew up in Dunedin she says its very quiet but hasnt been there for 40 years lol...guess that doesnt mean allot then..

yeah i want some snow badly....snow,mountains,dub reggae and jungle......reckon thats the go...also anyone know about the techno scene there if there is much of one? wrong forum i guess im a mssive techno head also though....

queenstown is wicked.. great dnb club down there called subculture which is the home for sunshine soundsystem.. and the town itself is a great winter/snow spot too.

dunedin is 3 hours drive from q-town.. home to 'bath st' which is one of the dopest clubs in the country.. bigger/busier than queenstown and a student town pretty much.

closest thing you'll find to a techno scene is up here in aucks.. pretty dead in general these days though.

haha yeah thats nothing new to me, its dead in sydney too...quite frustrating means i have to rave at home to techno for mt fix...we've done a few techno nights in syd but not many people came out...

guess dubstep is doing well there my mates paul and farj (garage pressure) were out there not long ago on a tour...

queenstown sounds really interesting...and dunedin..i might end up visiting a few of these places before finding s place to settle for a bit..

anyone know where mc addict lives?

Addict live's in Christchurch bro, d'n'b capitol of the Southern Hemisphere.

I used to live there, Auckland now.. Auckland's scene is all good, but by the sounds of it - Christchurch will be best for ya, 2 1/2 hours from major skifields.

Christchurch is absolutely killing it dnbwise in NZ at the moment... most vibrant scene in NZ i reckon, easy (mostly because theres not much else to do in that city except party and fuck)

AK, Welli and Dunners have their own character... and you'll have fun in Nelson, Tauranga and Queenstown on the odd occasion

Hamiltons picking up too, slowly... by the sounds of it....

Techno in AK isn't that big - I'd point you to the Minimal Techno thread, but that could put you off visiting AK

Wasn't KILL! Club based in CHCH?

One doesn't simply walk into CHCH.

Edit*

KILL! Club

who cares, arent all our internet alias's banned anyway

Farj played a great set when I saw him in Auckland (and when I saw him at void) big dubstep scene here, a few weekly dnb gigs in akl too (waxd on wednesdays, and low rollers on thursdays) then the big ones on the weekends.

IF you are playing liquid, feel free to hit me up on facebook or by the PM about sets at Low Rollers

Christchurch is absolutely killing it dnbwise in NZ at the moment... most vibrant scene in NZ i reckon, easy

Biggest scene for sure. Most vibrant? Depends who you're talking to really.

The person on the other side of the bed apparently.

Christchurch is absolutely killing it dnbwise in NZ at the moment... most vibrant scene in NZ i reckon, easy

Biggest scene for sure. Most vibrant? Depends who you're talking to really.

ya objective really innit....

AKs my favourite party city atm