Riddle me this: Is Drum And Bass Appropriate Funeral Music

thr339z

So is it?

I was wondering this, whilst sipping my early morning Raspberry V. Like I have said to various peeps that when I die, I want various things to happin at my funeral, (the full details I wont bore you with) But One of the key things is to eventually have a dj get up and start dropping some heavy beats and essentially have a party like a rinse out at me funeral, (I belive that death is just the next level, and is not a sad thing really, but I like to veiw it more as a liberation from the shackles of this putrid reality..I think I would much rather people (at me funeral) to remember my life as I tried to live it, IE: Fun ,Happy and fast moving...

so what do you guys think....

Im gonna get some aggressive as fuck pantera played at my funeral!

DNB is good bro, but look back to a time before DNB, when africa had not yet split from pangea and the dinosaurs ruled the sea, earth and air.. Look back to your roots.. and what do you see? Thats what should be played at your funeral IMO...

Pantera - Cemetery Gates <- Best Funeral Song Ever

But drum and bass is so dynamic, it should be possible for a skilled DJ to select tunes which are very calm and mellow... depends on the DJ's record collection..

I could probably do a 20-30 minute funeral set

So is it?

I was wondering this, whilst sipping my early morning Raspberry V. Like I have said to various peeps that when I die, I want various things to happin at my funeral, (the full details I wont bore you with) But One of the key things is to eventually have a dj get up and start dropping some heavy beats and essentially have a party like a rinse out at me funeral, (I belive that death is just the next level, and is not a sad thing really, but I like to veiw it more as a liberation from the shackles of this putrid reality..I think I would much rather people (at me funeral) to remember my life as I tried to live it, IE: Fun ,Happy and fast moving...

so what do you guys think....

Definitely. Your funeral buddy, who's gonna disrespect your dying wishes? I've been to a fair few funerals in the last year and the ones where the music and program were designed according to the taste of the deceased, that were a reflection and celebration of their life were definitely the best. Seriously, those fucking hymns that no one knows the words to don't do anyone any good. Last funeral I went to the played Madonna and Kruder & Dorfmeister among other things. It was great.

Same goes for speeches. The over-payed, nauseatingly "sensitive" fucks assigned by the funeral home who tell us just "what a wonderful person" (complete with carefully scripted emotive pauses) and our late friend/relative was make me sick. Go to more than four funerals in the same place and you start to pick up the re-arranged-but-for-the-most-part-unchanged script.

/end rant

Pantera - Cemetery Gates <- Best Funeral Song Ever

mother fukin word. my parents have already been instructed of this if they have to bury me. cemetry gates as people assemble and sit. hell hath no fury as my caskets carried out. and its not that i think about this topic alot i just think about random shit alot, spare time if you will.....im not weird.............seriously :dunno:

yeah man. at my uncles funeral his kids played this rnb shit that was on some "i wish i knew you better" typa ish. it was fuckin good.

...dude got buried with an oz. in his pocket... but these kids took half of it out the night before... we hit 40s and smoked up after the reception... it was the most paranoid ive ever gotten from budd

DNB is good bro, but look back to a time before DNB, when africa had not yet split from pangea and the dinosaurs ruled the sea, earth and air.. Look back to your roots.. and what do you see? Thats what should be played at your funeral IMO...

absofuckingloutly my mang!...

I agree!

heres my order of tings (just in case you were wondering)

peeps roll in, blah blahs from the massive, no CHRISTIAN SHIT!..more blah blahs, (at this tyme, risng sun massive attack is playing, then blood on the moterway Dj shadow...then To live is too die Metallica, then Dead skin Mask Slayer, then Arise Sepultura, THEN 7 angels for 7 plauges Evol intent, then The 9 BC, then Take My ,InfluxUk.then a madd rinse out that gets heavyer and heavyer and harder and then into pure digital noise core...ETA about 3 hours in total. pills on spliffs lit and heads banging...My coffin is ryte there in the mo fuckin middle.... Yupyupyup

so there you go...

hope I still know all you thugs and pimps wen im 76, why 76? well I have seen my death..(which is an entirely different story) so lets bloddy hope im right.....

mother fukin word. my parents have already been instructed of this if they have to bury me. cemetry gates as people assemble and sit. hell hath no fury as my caskets carried out. and its not that i think about this topic alot i just think about random shit alot, spare time if you will.....im not weird.............seriously :dunno:

I have my funeral planned in detail. Don't most people? The only thing that will suck about my funeral is that I won't be there to enjoy it.

absofuckingloutly my mang!...

I agree!

heres my order of tings (just in case you were wondering)

peeps roll in, blah blahs from the massive, no CHRISTIAN SHIT!..more blah blahs, (at this tyme, risng sun massive attack is playing, then blood on the moterway Dj shadow...then To live is too die Metallica, then Dead skin Mask Slayer, then Arise Sepultura, THEN 7 angels for 7 plauges Evol intent, then The 9 BC, then Take My ,InfluxUk.then a madd rinse out that gets heavyer and heavyer and harder and then into pure digital noise core...ETA about 3 hours in total. pills on spliffs lit and heads banging...My coffin is ryte there in the mo fuckin middle.... Yupyupyup

so there you go...

hope I still know all you thugs and pimps wen im 76, why 76? well I have seen my death..(which is an entirely different story) so lets bloddy hope im right.....

whoa! can i book myself a seat now?

:skullslay:

so there you go...

Sounds cool. Except in my experience even having trace amounts of drugs in you system (ie from the night before) tends to turn a funeral into a fucking nightmare. Acid and death do NOT mix well... I will never be the same.

Acid and death do NOT mix well... I will never be the same.

fuck that goes without sayin :sulkoff:

no acid....... no no no!... (shudder)

I guess I missed that memo. Someone has to make the mistakes - "If you can't be a good example be a horrible warning instead"