Stop Labour and the Law Commission from Killing the NZ Club

MikeE

Government should just put a limit on what times and how much piss 18-20 year olds can buy IMO... have some kind of special card like a restricted license for driving but which has a digital ID which connects to a network and says whether they have passed their buying limit or not.

People that have been arrested and charged with drunk and disorderly behavior should have buying privileges revoked for like 6 months as well - by a similar system.

Can see a few difficulties in implementing this in the real world but I think something like that could work...

Also, clubs should be (are already?) allowed to be 20+ if they want to be... and Fu should do this.

Also, clubs should be (are already?) allowed to be 20+ if they want to be... and Fu should do this.

haha dude if fu did that with the current state of dnb/dubstep there would only be about 20 people in the club talking shit and stroking their chins.

drinking age at 20 is good.the difference between 18 and 20 is huge!

and when it was 20 you still had 18year olds in clubs they just behaved themselves as they weren't meant to be in there.

18 year olds have a far worse attitude than 20 year olds as they are fresh outta high school with no real experience.

EFT!

haha dude if fu did that with the current state of dnb/dubstep there would only be about 20 people in the club talking shit and stroking their chins.

lol maybe but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the people who have not been coming out start coming out again.

and when it was 20 you still had 18year olds in clubs they just behaved themselves as they weren't meant to be in there.

18 year olds have a far worse attitude than 20 year olds as they are fresh outta high school with no real experience.

EFT!

you realize you're supposed to actually edit their post when you call EFT right? Or am I just blind?

Edited by Guest

I reckon the best solution is to ban alcohol consumption in public - allowing 'bars' to be hotspots which have controlled conditions. Drink at home or in a licensed bar, not on the streets, parks, etc.

Thoughts?

I reckon the best solution is to ban alcohol consumption in public - allowing 'bars' to be hotspots which have controlled conditions. Drink at home or in a licensed bar, not on the streets, parks, etc.

Thoughts?

Don't they already do that dude? At least in the city I'm pretty sure there is a liquor ban in public. I always hide my beer when I see the fuzz anyways! Don't think it would have much effect tbh the problem is mainly being rowdy in bars or getting drunk in bars and then getting rowdy in public.

Thoughts?

Most people do only drink in licensed bars or at home though. Most bars will continue to serve maggots till they fall over (literally.) That's the problem imo.

Ha! so true!

Sounds good to me!

lol maybe but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the people who have not been coming out start coming out again.

EFT!

you realize you're supposed to actually edit their post when you call EFT right? Or am I just blind?

Classic...

Guess he meant QFT

EFT!

Classic...

Guess he meant QFT

whoops.... my bad my interwebs terminolgy is not up to par, I thought EFT meant sumthing else.... any who... I totally agree with bugsy' assertion , In fact I think its Extremely Fucking True... sorry for confusion I wasnt Editing For Truth...

next .....

Thoughts?

Don't they already do that dude? At least in the city I'm pretty sure there is a liquor ban in public. I always hide my beer when I see the fuzz anyways! Don't think it would have much effect tbh the problem is mainly being rowdy in bars or getting drunk in bars and then getting rowdy in public.

Only certain parts of the city have Liquor bans.

If it were inversed, so instead it was as a blanket rule: banned country wide except for private property and licensed/certified premises - it'd make a tonne more sense.

Furthermore, they could 'license' special occasions, like Christmas in the Park where parents tend to bust out the bottle of wine with their picnic.

If you ban alcohol in public fullstop I truly believe you'd see a LOT more people in clubs/licensed premises and more importantly, a lot less of it on the streets due to the Fuzz having full right to fuck you up if you get caught.

Oh, and I'm talking open liquor so transport from the store to home (ie. in boot of vehicle or whatever) would be exempt.

Surely it'd be a far better solution then close out times and raising/lowering the age. I think everyone can drink responsibly, but given alcohol makes most people irresponsible it'd probably be best to do that in more controlled environments like at home or in clubs with security as opposed to on the streets/in parks where all the violence/damage/graffitti seems to take place most of the time.

Drinking in public isn’t a big deal, not many people get away with it… the entire CBD of Auckland has a liquor ban in place 24-7:

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/council/documents/liquorban/centralcity.asp

Police reports show that most assaults occur between the hours of 1-4AM on weekends, in areas like the Viaduct, involving drunk people in transit from bar to bar

Those close-outs have worked alright in other cities - ie. from say 2AM, if you leave the club, you can’t come back in.. apparently this has greatly reduced street violence/loitering.. and also encouraged many clubs to invest in nice smoking facilities

I’d support raising the drinking age back to 20, although if I owned a bar/club I probably wouldn’t, it’s all $ at the end of the day.

Drinking in public isn’t a big deal, not many people get away with it… the entire CBD of Auckland has a liquor ban in place 24-7:

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/council/documents/liquorban/centralcity.asp

Lol, that's so classic see that corner of Pitt Street. That's where the little shits sit drinking their boos and can't be done. If they were to move another 5 meters they'd be in the hot zone.