Electro Promoters - A guide to DNB and Dubstep for the unini

MikeE

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all this is doing is encouraging hatred and contempt between supporters of different genres of music when we should be trying to get people to come together and collaborate...

or am i missing the point here and noone is allowed to play dubstep at a gig unless they've been into it since its inception??

come on guys....really...do any of you actually give a shit about a few typos anyway?

some kids getting into dubstep is hardly a bad thing,more fans means bigger nights and better hookups for the djs/producers/promoters etc...

who cares if these kids only have a few popular tunes,if the crowd is brockin out and havin a good time then sweet as.

if i hated on every kid that started skating during the sports growth spurt of the late 90s id just be a cunt,but i encourage the youngsters wherever or whenever i see them out shredding.i dont really care if they have wack style or wear funny clothes or push with the wrong foot...let them rip and explore it,with minimal guidance and some friendly encouragement they can be amazing.

my friends just built a new skatepark in mt albert and gave all their old boards/wheels/shoes etc to a whole bunch of local hoodrats and now those kids are at the park every day trying to learn tricks instead of tagging/spitting and laughing every time someone slams.

im not getting any lols out of this thread at all......its a pointless e-popularity contest with nothing to gain.

i thought you guys were all bigger than this petty shit....

IMO:

mikeE (jesus YGS ) i wouldnt get your panties in a knot cos people are using dubstep/dub step/dupstep/anyother.version.that.ive.missed to promote their electro/house/other.genre.outside.dubstep to promote their gig.. dubsteps popularity is (QUITE OBVIOUSLY) increasing exponentially. its a sick genre of music and for many people is the new "in" thing to listen to. rather than criticise and whine about how pro nails/running/in for the kill etc are getting thrashed at clubs/gigs/over airwaves we should just accept that when a genre grows it tends to spill over into the mainstream world of music.

i work at cassette 9 (for those who dont know its the new 'in' place to be ) and it makes my night when i hear the odd dubstep track being thrashed inbetween all the shitty house and electro..

i will admit i do cringe when people think they know dubstep bcos the have a popular tune on their pod/in their cd wallet but the reality is that they probably dont have the musical knowledge to know where dubstep came from/who starting making it first/who produces the best (type of) dubstep.

be content that such a genre exists and embrace the fact that people like it!

Dr A. & all those that this may apply to - right about mikeEs supposed double standards. one question - do you get a fucking orgasm after putting people down so much?? i dont think mikeE deserves the personal attacks eh. hes a good guy. sure he made a fool of himself (and got absolutely PWND) with this thread/nzravethreads but fuck you are scum for using it as a chance for you to make him feel more of a dick than he must feel right now/past few days (no offense mikeE).

ps i fully LOL'D when i heard snoop dogg millionaire track. EPIC FAIL!!

But it's Chase & Status?

I honestly can't wait to hear the Plastician mixtape - just to see what the other artists have done with the tunes

I

i work at cassette 9 (for those who dont know its the new 'in' place to be ) and it makes my night when i hear the odd dubstep track being thrashed inbetween all the shitty house and electro..

Get them to book me for a set and you can hear it all night long

I

Get them to book me for a set and you can hear it all night long

I can play trendy dnb as well

Dr A. & all those that this may apply to - right about mikeEs supposed double standards. one question - do you get a fucking orgasm after putting people down so much?? i dont think mikeE deserves the personal attacks eh. hes a good guy. sure he made a fool of himself (and got absolutely PWND) with this thread/nzravethreads but fuck you are scum for using it as a chance for you to make him feel more of a dick than he must feel right now/past few days (no offense mikeE)

Dr A. brought some new information to the thread by (among other things) humorously pointing out that mikeE has played a bootleg he (ripped from the internet?!) in one of his sets and then subsequently complained about people doing essentially just that in this thread. IMO MikeE deserves everything he got there... However, my last post was probably taking the flogging one step too far, and I agree we should give MikeE a break - he wasn't being malicious.

Edit: The tune Dr A is talking about was clearly obtained legitimately as there is even a comment on the mad decent website asking if it was legit. So clearly this was a false accusation. I should have researched it more completely before posting what I posted above.

Edited by Guest

But it's Chase & Status?

I honestly can't wait to hear the Plastician mixtape - just to see what the other artists have done with the tunes

That snoop dogg choon is ILL

oh word...you obviously know my flatmate nigel then?he comes home from weekends workin at cassette telling me how bangin it is up there week in week out....

Dr A. & all those that this may apply to - right about mikeEs supposed double standards. one question - do you get a fucking orgasm after putting people down so much?? i dont think mikeE deserves the personal attacks eh. hes a good guy. sure he made a fool of himself (and got absolutely PWND) with this thread/nzravethreads but fuck you are scum for using it as a chance for you to make him feel more of a dick than he must feel right now/past few days (no offense mikeE)

Dr A. brought some new information to the thread by (among other things) humorously pointing out that mikeE has played a bootleg he (ripped from the internet?!) in one of his sets and then subsequently complained about people doing essentially just that in this thread. IMO MikeE deserves everything he got there... However, my last post was probably taking the flogging one step too far, and I agree we should give MikeE a break - he wasn't being malicious.

Bandwagon, did you even look at the source MikeE cites for the remix?

Kid Cudi - Day'n'Nite (Rusko's Big Trombone Remix)

isn't this track still unreleased, mikee?

Edit: Was released as free promo for Rusko's US tour on Diplo's website (Mad Decent were running a few of the shows).

http://maddecent.com/blog/2009/04/01/rusko-is-a-madman/

Clear as day, there is a LINK, a PLAY symbol and SPEAKER symbol. It was made freely available to the public. I know for a FACT (as it's policy) that Mike buys ALL of his tunes, and more importantly gets anything else direct from the artist or authorized sources - he never streams to mp3, that's just fucken retarded. If he finds a link to a promo on an OFFICIAL source, such as Mad Decent (via Diplo's Blog) - I find it really hard to see how that's in any way similar to an Electro DJ infamous for downloading all of his music from soulseek playing soulseek'd dubstep tunes so that he can claim to be a dubstep dj?

So fuck off Dr. Awesome + crew on the "piracy bandwagon". That's actually one of the most insulting things you could ever accuse any legitimate dj of being, new or old - as you could inadvertently lead to having any existing official promo sources cut off or affecting their credibility fullstop.

Whilst Mike utterly fucked up delivery of his message, which most of you have already owned him for (and fair call, that's what you get for ranting on a Monday) - try to keep it above the belt, aight?

I saw he posted that as an edit... but was that actually where he got it from? Or did he find out that it was actually freely available after pirating it?

I saw he posted that as an edit... but was that actually where he got it from? Or did he find out that it was actually freely available after pirating it?

The edit date is not yesterday, it was once he found the source. Originally he replied with yes it's legit, was released as a promo. Then, to be consistent he quoted the source with that edit.

Problem with Mike is he is very passionate about dubstep, it consumes him - he's constantly scouring for dubstep news and regurgitating it along with the freshest mixes & promo tunes on his blog. Straight up, would it be in his best interests to brag about pirated / unreleased tunes? No, because he doesn't download or use them in the first place. That's why he's decent enough to provide complete transparency by posting his set lists... same can't be said about some of the CD dj's that have posted in this thread.

In the end, he's got a voice and a very vocal opinion (his political background probably has something to do with that), and there's a couple of electro promoters that were just taking the piss too far which worked him up. Mike mistakenly took this rant way too far and clearly got owned for it. No harm, no foul.

Own him for that, but don't post slander thanks.

The edit date is not yesterday, it was once he found the source. Originally he replied with yes it's legit, was released as a promo. Then, to be consistent he quoted the source with that edit.

Problem with Mike is he is very passionate about dubstep, it consumes him - he's constantly scouring for dubstep news and regurgitating it along with the freshest mixes & promo tunes on his blog. Straight up, would it be in his best interests to brag about pirated / unreleased tunes? No, because he doesn't download or use them in the first place. That's why he's decent enough to provide complete transparency by posting his set lists... same can't be said about some of the CD dj's that have posted in this thread.

In the end, he's got a voice and a very vocal opinion (his political background probably has something to do with that), and there's a couple of electro promoters that were just taking the piss too far which worked him up. Mike mistakenly took this rant way too far and clearly got owned for it. No harm, no foul.

Own him for that, but don't post slander thanks.

:crowd erupts:

kris for PM