Electro Promoters - A guide to DNB and Dubstep for the unini

MikeE

Originally he replied with yes it's legit, was released as a promo. Then, to be consistent he quoted the source with that edit.

If that's the case, then I retract my statement and humbly apologize. I was genuinely asking if that's where he got it from in my last post, not accusing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

i work at cassette 9 (for those who dont know its the new 'in' place to be ) and it makes my night when i hear the odd dubstep track being thrashed inbetween all the shitty house and electro..

Get them to book me for a set and you can hear it all night long

We are looking for shiny brand new bedroom DJs who have been honing the art of mixing and are ready to unleash their skills on unsuspecting Cassette Nine crowds.

If you have a mixtape, and an e-mail - mail play@cassettenine.com and tell us about your vinyl style and finesse.

DOOWIT!

... same can't be said about some of the CD dj's that have posted in this thread.

Mysterious veiled accusations aren't going to get anyone lynched, so make with the facts already if you got 'em!

Pirating tunes is always a name-and-shameable offence imo.

Originally he replied with yes it's legit, was released as a promo. Then, to be consistent he quoted the source with that edit.

He didn't reply that it was legit, before the edit it said something like.

Whoops I don't know how that ended up on my computer.

But this doesn't mean that it wasn't legit but he didn't think it was.

Doesn't work like that Hakomi: Direct quotes and proof to show he pirated the tune, or gtfo please. He get's sent a LOT of tunes in his dropbox etc - I've heard some of them, tunes he's not even allowed to play on radio yet. This isn't someone who would pro actively pirate aiight?

That's my main gripe. Everything else, re: his rant - is fair game for anyone wanting to get involved.

Doesn't work like that Hakomi: Direct quotes or gtfo please.

Lets hear from the man himself!

I didn't say he did anything wrong just that when he first replied he wasn't sure whether the tune in question was legit.

Serious business

Doesn't work like that Hakomi: Direct quotes or gtfo please.

Lets hear from the man himself!

I didn't say he did anything wrong just that when he first replied he wasn't sure whether the tune in question was legit.

Serious business

He won't be posting in this thread. Sorry gaiz!

... same can't be said about some of the CD dj's that have posted in this thread.

Mysterious veiled accusations aren't going to get anyone lynched, so make with the facts already if you got 'em!

Please see Bassdrop for more info.

i work at cassette 9 (for those who dont know its the new 'in' place to be ) and it makes my night when i hear the odd dubstep track being thrashed inbetween all the shitty house and electro..

oh word...you obviously know my flatmate nigel then?he comes home from weekends workin at cassette telling me how bangin it is up there week in week out....

he's always "straight ripping"

Please see Bassdrop for more info.

Link plz, too lazy to search.

Dr A. & all those that this may apply to - right about mikeEs supposed double standards. one question - do you get a fucking orgasm after putting people down so much?? i dont think mikeE deserves the personal attacks eh. hes a good guy. sure he made a fool of himself (and got absolutely PWND) with this thread/nzravethreads but fuck you are scum for using it as a chance for you to make him feel more of a dick than he must feel right now/past few days (no offense mikeE).

In short, yes. Seeing people doing stupid things pisses me off, and occasionally I have to uphold my reputation for internet fuckery and come out with some outlandish shit. I didn't actually really start making personal attacks on him, you useless piece of shit. If I had wanted to start ripping him to shreds without proof I'd have done alot better job of putting him down.

I don't really see a double standard here, if you say stupid shit, you get flamed. This is the internet, welcome to the jungle et al.

The moral here is don't come off like a self righteous authority when your not. He played the fiddle to his own burning self respect when he made a prefect example of the polo-neck cavalier dub:step response, on a forum dedicated to MANY genre's of music. What did he expect the outcome was going to be?

Straight up, would it be in his best interests to brag about pirated / unreleased tunes? No, because he doesn't download or use them in the first place. That's why he's decent enough to provide complete transparency by posting his set lists... same can't be said about some of the CD dj's that have posted in this thread.

Haha, oh Jesus, google circle logic and put me out of my misery. DJ's steal tunes because having a track that nobody else does and getting a big response from the crowd releases endorphins in your brain and dramatically increases the chance you'll get a blowjob.

Own him for that, but don't post slander thanks....

Doesn't work like that Hakomi: Direct quotes and proof to show he pirated the tune, or gtfo please. He get's sent a LOT of tunes in his dropbox etc - I've heard some of them, tunes he's not even allowed to play on radio yet. This isn't someone who would pro actively pirate aiight?

How can you ask for people to provide facts and provide none yourself?

With regards to the Rusko tune. I did a brief google for the track name and guess what? I found SEVERALblogs and links to download the tune. Not ONCE did I see ANYTHING saying it was legit. Infact I haven't, bar the OG link, which isn't exactly a reliable source. If he was going to give it out, I think he'd have done allot better job of viral marketing than giving it to one blog. Discogs has no mention of that remix either. Until someone can prove that he was given the track through a legitimate channel I stand by my accusation.

Own him for that, but don't post slander thanks....

How can you ask for people to provide facts and provide none yourself?

With regards to the Rusko tune. I did a brief google for the track name and guess what? I found SEVERALblogs and links to download the tune. Not ONCE did I see ANYTHING saying it was legit. Infact I haven't, bar the OG link, which isn't exactly a reliable source. If he was going to give it out, I think he'd have done allot better job of viral marketing than giving it to one blog. Discogs has no mention of that remix either. Until someone can prove that he was given the track through a legitimate channel I stand by my accusation.

The tune in question was released by Mad Decent, it wasn't a bootleg. Since Rusko is signed to Mad Decent for his next album are you saying that Mad Decent are bootlegging Rusko's tunes?

All good though bro, you win the internet and shit.

Edit for emphasis.

Edited by Guest

i dont think mikeE deserves the personal attacks eh.

I didn't actually really start making personal attacks on him, you useless piece of shit.

i counted three.

Dear MikeE,

You are a dick. I'm eating my lunch so I'll have to be brief:

I am really glad you got beat down in that NZRave thread, you deserved it moron.

People with stupid double standards piss me off. Your track lists in sets posted pander to exactly the lowest common denominator bullshit you whine against. Never through that one through did you? Maybe play some Mala rather than just quote him (he isn't in any of the sets you've posted in this forum). Also maybe, just maybe its not a good idea to play Running by Chase and Status and THEN whine about rinsed Chase and Status tunes.

Exactly what dub step* doesn't need is more dance floor aggyness and midrage flangestep... but wait! that's exactly what you play!

Oh, and with regards to the whole "Electro DJ's playing ONE Rusko bootleg" thing, don't get me started man. Considering you've done it your self I think it wouldn't be too much of an asusmption to suggest that you're just as much of a pirating asshole as the rest of them. In the unlikely event that ripping audio from a flash player / mp3 mix didn't sound illegitimate to you still deserve this flame beacuse you must be thicker than two very short planks.

In summary, if you plan on being an elitist wanker, plan on doing it properly, instead of doing everyone a disservice by putting a bad name out there for for yourself, and the genre as a whole.

*Oh wow, its a hyphenated word and you wonder why people leave a space when pronounce it

lol you read my response wrong/my grammar was poor... when i said

Dr A. & all those that this may apply to - right about mikeEs supposed double standards.

i meant you are right about mikeE double standards - whining about rinsed out tracks that he plays himself . did not intend it to sound like i accusing you of double standards.

just quietly... bout what hakomi said, the original post did say somethin bout how did that get in my beatport folder if i remember correctly lols

that is all.

Well it ain't on beat space port.

Oh Elitist Wanker isn't an insult, its a badge of honour.

The tune in question was released by Mad Decent, it wasn't a bootleg. Since Rusko is signed to Mad Decent for his next album are you saying that Mad Decent are bootlegging Rusko's tunes?

All good though bro, you win the internet and shit.

Junglesound Gold!

Wheres MikeE gone?

@MikeE

Step one : Go into the kitchen and find the nearest spatula.

Step two : Use said spatula to remove your sack from the floor.

:pointless2:

But seriously im really amazed he's not speaking for himself on this one. Its not the end of the world MikeE im sure you can defend yourself.