Rate your ISP

perceptualChaos

Auckland server 8:45pm

Sydney Server:

San Jose server:

The test to San Jose is a bit slower than non peak, but still about 5 times faster than I was getting before with xnet. Hopefully it doesn't start getting worse as more and more people make the switch.

Zak, I was getting about 75kB/s upload to dnbshare before, will let you know next time I send something on aim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, trying to get internet at my new place is proving a mission.

We plugged in the phone and it has a a dial tone and we can make calls, the old tenants haven't cancelled their phone account obviously.

Tried calling slingshot to start up our net but they need our current phone number, who it is with and shit? Called a mobile off the phone and it is a private number.

I guess we have to call around the many phoneline providers asking if there is still an account with the current adress that we are living at and they can cancel it so we can start our own one?

I would have thought that if you called up an phoneline provider they would just disconnect the current account?

halp?

edit: Have called the property manager to try and get the old tenants details so we can give them a call to suss it out but due to privacy bull shit reasons they cant give it out. She did say that she was going to e-mail them but that could take ages...

We plugged in the phone and it has a a dial tone and we can make calls, the old tenants haven't cancelled their phone account obviously.

Tried calling slingshot to start up our net but they need our current phone number, who it is with and shit? Called a mobile off the phone and it is a private number.

I guess we have to call around the many phoneline providers asking if there is still an account with the current adress that we are living at and they can cancel it so we can start our own one?

I would have thought that if you called up an phoneline provider they would just disconnect the current account?

halp?

edit: Have called the property manager to try and get the old tenants details so we can give them a call to suss it out but due to privacy bull shit reasons they cant give it out. She did say that she was going to e-mail them but that could take ages...

PM'd you (I work at a Telco... I can help you identify the current provider)

halp?

PM'd you (I work at a Telco... I can help you identify the current provider)

• 2 weeks later...