Skono's Intrepid Oriental Exploratory Extravaganza

skono

oh, and bad news guys,

my camera, with all the pix of the gig and heaps of other good shit, was pickpocketed at the markets yesterday

you can't be too careful with your stuff here!!!!!

my brother has heaps of good pix, but he didn't have his cam at the hospital gig. fuck.

these things happen though, and travel insurance is all good, especially when electronics are so cheap in china

dude that sux!! well you can get one big daddy camera now bro!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my camera, with all the pix of the gig and heaps of other good shit, was pickpocketed at the markets yesterday

you lie, you never ever went to that hospital gig did you, i saw a flyer for them to play in sheffield that weekend anyway j/k =P

that sucks hard man =( - yeah, get some big fuck-off camera with a lens that requires 2 people to hold just to use... paparazzi stylee

kay. pix (not mine) from the beijing hospital gig are here: http://www.jing-dnb.com/index.php

i'm in a cool city called chengdu, which is famous for spicy food! so good yet so bad

i went to the panda reserve this morning, and a few days ago i went on the most amazing walk of my life; overnight from 10.30pm til 4am up ancient and dangerous stone stairways to the top of a mountain called hua shan. we had torches and millions of stars to guide the way...

we watched the sun rise and it was fucking awesome! i cannot explain the buzz this mission gave me..

anyways, i will delve into more detail in my next email... PM me your address if you wanna hear about it.

i head to a high altitude place near the tibetan border called litong in a couple of days. apparently it has been snowing up there!

EZ

• 2 weeks later...

well i've found it!

teh ganja capital of China. The place is called Dali, and lovely green plants sprout up naturally and indiscriminantly all over the place (roadside etc). I have some good photos..

As you could imagine, this is a pretty good place to chill out. So i'll be here until i leave for Thailand this weekend.

I've got a feeling things are gonna get a little less touristy and bit more debuached. uh oh...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a feeling things are gonna get a little less touristy and bit more debuached. uh oh...

Q for the muthafucking T!

I recommend everyone should visit Thailand at least once...

i'll put it simply:

- mean beaches (esp. kho panang, koh tao islands)

- soooooo many hot girls (local AND foreign)

- "happy shakes" (of the 'shroom variety )

- cheap booze (including what they call "buckets": hip flask of local sangsom whiskey + bottle of red bull concentrate + can of coke/sprite, all mixed up in a beach-style bucket)

- "full moon", "half moon" and "black moon" rave parties

a good combo: 1xhappy shake, 1xbucket, 1xblack moon party @ tropical beach, complete w/ psytrance on a killer system and lotsa hot girls... oh yeah.

you guys can hang shit on me as much as you want, but the psytrance at this party fuckin' owned. It could have been the above combination that improved things however (and i did get to thinking how mean dnb would have been on that system hehe)

anyways, heading up to laos soon, heard its a fucking sweet place. then on to vietnam, where i will probably look for a 6month english-teaching contract.

laterz

sounds killah dude.

you'll be pleased to know your brother is still representing the family gurn down under. he got kicked out of salmonella dub on friday for harassing tiki backstage then woke up at the end of a tram line

sounds killah dude.

you'll be pleased to know your brother is still representing the family gurn down under. he got kicked out of salmonella dub on friday for harassing tiki backstage then woke up at the end of a tram line

sounds killah dude.

jesus christ!

that shit's mental :smily961:

whats this family gurn you talk about however?

thanks tomkid ur a fucktard, so i took it a bit far.. i bet ur been up to way worse. by the way will email u soon skono just got my internet conection up to day.

no shame in gurning bro.. just means your enjoying it

see!

fark! Welcome to Cockfest '06

dude, all the girls probably got beaten out of the way - looks like it would be a hazard to your health to dance anywhere near those cats...

as for mr extreme sweat patch in the grey, you just know he's doing that classic elvis hip swivel/arm twirl combo...

pahahahahaha

thread hijack alert!

hi simcard

Just been on a two-day boat mission from Thailand to Laos. Exhuasting stuff! This place is the chilled out home of the "happy pizza", which i've heard can do strange things to your head.

on the topic of the tiki run-in... ROFLLODFSlololohahahaha

This place is the chilled out home of the "happy pizza", which i've heard can do strange things to your head.

Dude.... I would advise talking to Kimmy and Fergus about the "happy pizza" before you indulge. Heard some rough stories.. mind you Kim can't handle

This place is the chilled out home of the "happy pizza", which i've heard can do strange things to your head.

Dude.... I would advise talking to Kimmy and Fergus about the "happy pizza" before you indulge. Heard some rough stories.. mind you Kim can't handle

i met up with them a couple of days after they cranked the pizzas - they were still a bit fucked up.

bring that shit on!

(haha nah they did extra-happy, whilst i may just do standard happy. or not )

i met up with them a couple of days after they cranked the pizzas - they were still a bit fucked up.

bring that shit on!

(haha nah they did extra-happy, whilst i may just do standard happy. or not )