Are there any dj studios in auckland?

sammyg

absolute lolz

come to mine sometime if u keen for a record mate.

ditto.

i dont have CDJ's, but i got decks and virtual DJ (similar to serato).

paying to record a mix is just a joke bro. plenty of peeps on here can help you out no doubt.

first time poster, long time listener here

*cut & paste

The Technical Sessions hosts THE MIX SESSION in conjunction with KFM radio and the Te Karanga Trust.

As a new DJ trying to get gigs it's vital to have a great mix to give out to venues and post online. We know that many new DJ's may not have the kit to record their mixes so this is an opportunity for you to come along and record one of your mixes. We'll supply the turntable / CDJ's and recording kit, all you need to do is come along and rock your mix.

We'll then provide you with a copy of your mix and post it up on mixcloud.com, it's that simple.

****** Places will be limited so email mix@bluevibestudio.com to book your place and we'll book in a time slot for you.*******

/cut & paste

For more details go here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Technical-Sessions/21066059198?ref=ts#/group.php?gid=75676829611&ref=ts

Just to reiterate you MUST email mix@bluevibestudio.com to book your timeslot for The Mix Session.

Further to the above, The Technical Sessions will also be hosting The Ableton Session on 4 August. Check the facebook link posted above for more info.

sf

xoxo

ur here for a year aren't you? I just moved over for a year too and decided it was worth buying cdjs, mixer and speakers and just selling them on when i leave, hopefully they wont lose too much value over the year, and if they do, hey at least i get to mix every day, might be something to think about.

edit: i got mine off trademe.co.nz btw, it seems to be the nz version of ebay

hopefully they wont lose too much value over the year, and if they do, hey at least i get to mix every day, might be something to think about.

second hand is probably alright, but if you bought them new now you'd probably lose a bit of money. Our dollar is really weak at the moment cause of the GFC, so most imported stuff like CDJs have gone up in price significantly. CDJ1000's (for example) were like $1900-$2000 a few months ago and are now $2300.

Sammy (or other dbnz'ers), I have a good setup for recording professional quality mixes in my home studio in Wairau Park (North Shore) with CDJ 1000s if you can't hook that technical sessions thing up... I'm f*#@ing busy writing my Masters Thesis for the next month, but should have some free time in September.