Serato or Traktor Scratch

hybriddnb

Ez peeps, I'm looking at purchasing a control vinyl setup. My 2 options are Serato or Traktor. Ive had a play round with both, each have their own pro's and cons. Would be good to get some feedback from you lads as to what your experiences and thoughts are.

chur

Serato all the way... it's more sensitive than Traktor, and they have the control segment at the end of the record which lets you change the track and the crate without touching the computer... pretty sure Traktor doesn't have that. Also, some clubs have their own Serato setup... whereas probably none have Traktor. And Serato is developed in NZ too, so there's 4 reasons to get Serato instead of Traktor.

I got traktor duo not pro which I find works all good. I got a discount on it which is why i got it not serato.

Are you planning on getting traktor duo or pro? Because pro you can play on 4 decks at once. Also with tracktor you also get effects which you dont get on serato.

Is Serato really more sensitive than Traktor? Never heard that one before did a some research before i bought it.

Is Serato really more sensitive than Traktor? Never heard that one before did a some research before i bought it.

Well I've only ever played Traktor Scratch once which was ages ago, so I'm not speaking from personal experience, and might be wrong - but I heard it was less sensitive, and I read something explaining the difference between their two control technologies on the serato forum a while back which put me off Traktor Scratch.

I used to use Traktor software before I started mixing, so I know the interface pretty well and I definitely prefer Serato in that respect. NI make nice apps that their interfaces are so shit... just look at beatport.

BTW, I have measured the SSL latency, and with a USB buffer size I get 8ms (about 354 samples) until a signal comes in, and until a proper signal comes in it takes 10ms (about 443 samples).

With FS2 and the lowest latency setting I still get 22ms (about 955 samples, first signal) and 24ms (about 1097 samples, proper signal) and that is with the lowest latency setting! (latency with highest setting 108ms!)

So in terms of latency FS2 has not improved. Sad.

http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/412/#3347

^^^

It's probably changed since then but yeah it definitely used to have lower latency

• 2 weeks later...