Good NEW Movies

Known One

Post em here with a quick review...

Red Cliff - John Wu Movie about some epic Chinese Battles back in feudal China.. there are two versions... the 4 hour epic (In two parts)... or the one part, 3hour+ version. Either will suffice. English Subtitles, not in the movies yet but versions are available online.

District 9 - Produced by Peter Jackson... Aliens have landed and they are the new minority in South Africa. Those stinkin prawns need to leave and no one cares where they go.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only skimmed through this as I haven't had time to watch it yet, but Afro Samurai Resurrection... I got the 1080p version and the animation looks absolutely outstanding! The original anime is a classic - it's in English with Samuel L Jackson doing Afro's voice, and RZA producing the beats. This new movie also has Lucy Liu doing one of the characters voices.

I've only skimmed through this as I haven't had time to watch it yet, but Afro Samurai Resurrection... I got the 1080p version and the animation looks absolutely outstanding! The original anime is a classic - it's in English with Samuel L Jackson doing Afro's voice, and RZA producing the beats. This new movie also has Lucy Liu doing one of the characters voices.

Gonna get the DVD of this - the first one is sweet

DRAG ME TO HELL Holy shit this was awesome! Best new school horror movie I can think of... Sam Raimi brings back the Evil Dead vibes in this funny, grotesque "horror-com" about a young woman working in a bank who gets cursed by an ancient goat-demon thing (kind of Lovecraft styles)

Fans of the original Evil Dead, and "funny" horrors like Braindead should check this out!

DRAG ME TO HELL Holy shit this was awesome! Best new school horror movie I can think of... Sam Raimi brings back the Evil Dead vibes in this funny, grotesque "horror-com" about a young woman working in a bank who gets cursed by an ancient goat-demon thing (kind of Lovecraft styles)

Fans of the original Evil Dead, and "funny" horrors like Braindead should check this out!

Laughed my ass off, squirmed in my seat & jumped like a little girl.

drag me to hell was class! everyone i went with disliked it though, might have to find new friends

saw district 9 last night .... so epic and well crafted and so south africa! reminded me a lot of things I saw there (well apart from the aliens lol)

sorry i know this is a NEW movie thread, but a im a huge fan of my horrors, and I highly recommend the film 'REC' (2007) for those who havent seen it. turn up the volume and lights off. Its foreign so it seems even scarier

sorry i know this is a NEW movie thread, but a im a huge fan of my horrors, and I highly recommend the film 'REC' (2007) for those who havent seen it. turn up the volume and lights off. Its foreign so it seems even scarier

Caught this at the Civic. Was a nice update on The Blair Witch Project vibes. For the American remake check out Quarantine (I have no plans to).

Caught this at the Civic. Was a nice update on The Blair Witch Project vibes. For the American remake check out Quarantine (I have no plans to).

Quarantine is ok ... def not up there with REC, but as far as remakes go its not bad.

Quarantine is ok ... def not up there with REC, but as far as remakes go its not bad.

I was wearing my Quarantine Records T shirt in Video Ezy and the attendent commented on it. I was really confused at first she didn't seem like she would be into dnb, but now it all make sense.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah rec was pretty cool.....anyone into this sorta styles should check out "welcome to the jungle"...its pretty much 2 girls and 2 guys go trekkin off into the jungle of papua new guinea and some seriously fuckin bad shit happens....