UK Mc new in NZ looking for some mic time! can anyone help??

monkey uk

My name is morgan ( Mc Monkey aka Vital) I have been Chattin the mic in the uk for the past 5 years and have recently moved NZ and im living in the wellington area.

I love all drum and bass but prefer dark, techy, jump up stuff. I like to think of my self as a crowd hyping host with good double time and lyrical gymnastic ability.

any mic time would be appreciated. I am not looking to get paid and im happy to do warm up sets or even just have a chat down at a studio.

I can also chat to garage, old skool garage, bass line and 4 x4.

I dont really know anyone in the area yet so would be nice to hook up with some people on the scene. any help or advice would be really appreciated

morgan85holden@yahoo.co.uk

All the[/color] best

Morgan[/color]

The best dark, techy, jump up stuff is often heard in secluded public toilets at night. Come alone, on foot, and don't tell anyone where you are going.

It's BYO Mic.

Oh, and when when DJ asks, say you're looking for a good time.

It happened to you once, didn't it

what sort of d&b do enjoy most then Dr Awesome?

Uk is the home of drum and bass!!! and dark, techy, jump up always goes down well in venues back home!! i appreciate the the reply but i was kinda hoping for suttin at bit more constructive!

i take it you dont know anywhere i can get some mic time then! or if you know some NZ Mc's that need a schooling in busting out heavy weight D & B lyrics?

yo Monkey

You could try hitting up one of the welli promoters, dirtdog.

also, check out bassdrop.co.nz for a more wellington scene based forum

there's not a lot of love for jumpup on here so please excuse the unhelpful responses you've received so far. Dr. Awesome has regular wet dreams involving clowns and glory holes, his psychiatrist is working on it.

Can you please tell me some songs that are dark, techy AND jump up-y?

I don't want to know, but I think Mike does.

Where do I start?

As above, not much love for the wobble, but I personally enjoy a lot of older jumpup/hardstep. Welcome =)

Can you please tell me some songs that are dark, techy AND jump up-y?

I don't want to know, but I think Mike does.

I think you might be getting the wrong end of the stick Doc, shall i help you out? (thats rhetorical)

I like dark

I like techy

I like jump up

does that help doc??

Now stop being shy and tell what D & B you like!!! i bet you like a bit of light weight liquid lol!!!

what sort of d&b do enjoy most then Dr Awesome?

Uk is the home of drum and bass!!! and dark, techy, jump up always goes down well in venues back home!! i appreciate the the reply but i was kinda hoping for suttin at bit more constructive!

i take it you dont know anywhere i can get some mic time then! or if you know some NZ Mc's that need a schooling in busting out heavy weight D & B lyrics?

it can be a bit hard to get some rhyme time at gigs here in ak unless you're down with the dj's and they know the crowd will respond. case of proving yourself little by little i guess... i'm always keen to hear a good mc though. just get to as many {dbnz} gigs as you can with mic in tow and when a dj drops your preferred stuff say hi and hit up for a razz. i found that the times i was peaking and on heaps of scotches didnt yield very positive results but.

meanwhile, try the droppin beats busting rhymes section of this site, theres a busta rhyme thread which is always a laugh/flame war.

till the real world.

ez

i was peaking and on heaps of scotches

gotta be can haz moar mic skillsburgerz innit?

i'm sure concord dawn used to love it when i would just rape-MC them from the corner of the old "stage" at Fu.