• Tua
    • Cameron
    • Don't give a Shit
    • To Close to Call

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main thing for him is to win by knockout.

thats always been the main thing for tua lol. He's not really that good a boxer, but he's one hell of a slugger.

If Cameron can dodge that left hook and keep jabbing away at tua to tire him out and rack up points he could be in with a chance. But from what i understand Cameron is just a big hitter too, so if he doesnt step it up and out box tua then he's goin down for sure.

Some how i dont really see caneron dancing round the ring, but its gonna be one hell of a slug fest! Even though camerons got the reach on tua, i think he'll get done.

Cameron's not quite as tall as Lewis is he?

cameron is a great boxer but also a pretender , he isnt even close to tua , in the world of boxing cameron is a "journeyman" , cameron cannot stand in the ring and fight the top heavyweights he lacks the talent , its great that he has a huge heart and he is also a "great white hope" but these things make a champion do not.

tua hasnt been in this shape since 99 , im predicting a knockout by tua , but expecting tua to show he isnt just a one punch pony by tap dancing camerons face off his pugilistic combinations.

i personally look forward to cameron being exposed , dave's gonna do him a favour really cos he would just get shown up again by some second rate has been at a later date (cameron is the guy who struggled last year to put away bob mirovic the aussie heavy weight age 47 a total journeyman who retired this year) .

TUAMAN! Personally I would love to see him knock Cameron out.

Cameron will be studying the Lennox Lewis tape but let's be fair, Lewis was one of the greatest boxers of our generation whereas Cameron does not even compare.

Looking forward, will be getting the pay-per-view/big-screen on at mine for this

Im a cynical kinda person......

I think that tua will win... like a late round knock out .. so all the drama and emotion can be rinsed out....and so the promoters can maximise on the revenue from the advertsing and sales of tix etc....

its all tightly scripted and def designed so tua can come back and "reclaim his hero status"....

BUT i may be wrong and cameron will own him? but if I was a betting man I would put money on my above prediction in RE to tua....

I think that tua will win... like a late round knock out .. so all the drama and emotion can be rinsed out....and so the promoters can maximise on the revenue from the advertsing and sales of tix etc....

its all tightly scripted and def designed so tua can come back and "reclaim his hero status"....

BUT i may be wrong and cameron will own him? but if I was a betting man I would put money on my above prediction in RE to tua....

Are you saying Cameron is in on Tua's comeback?

I dunno? stranger things have happened? like how much will both the fighters make from the bout?....

really whats the difference if cameron wins or loses?.

Tua has been postioning for a come back like this for years...

and lets face it boxing is only one step down from wrestling in "authenticity" yeahyeah boxers def do fuck each other up and I am not saying its all totally hashed up and pre-organised like the wrestleing is as in. tua and cameron sit in a room and talk about how at this point tua will smash cameron in the face and then cameron will be all tired and then summon up the strength he needs to deal his final blow .

I mean they arnt mucho man randy savge VS hulk hogan @ summer series 89... but I wouldnt be surprised if there was some distinct outcomes constructed way before the bout....

BUT we will just have to wait and see how this version of the mass distraction plays out to see if im right or wrong....

Tua late round knock out on cameron after a hard hitting ,toe to toe brawl that "seems" too close to call IMO

you do speak a grain of truth redstar.

Think about it for a minute. A lot boxing gyms in NZ are run by gangs. Gangs that are probably involved in organized crime. Organized crime that could for instance be illegal betting. And what better way to get a fat pay cheque than by rigging the fight in the first place.

I dont know that it happens as openly on someone like David Tua's level. But i know first hand some of what goes on in the lighter divisions. My niece's dad was the NZ / Australasian / Oceanic lightweight boxing champ and his dad (a patched mongrel mob member) ran the onehunga boxing gym..

Think about it for a minute. A lot boxing gyms in NZ are run by gangs. Gangs that are probably involved in organized crime. Organized crime that could for instance be illegal betting. And what better way to get a fat pay cheque than by rigging the fight in the first place.

I dont know that it happens as openly on someone like David Tua's level. But i know first hand some of what goes on in the lighter divisions. My niece's dad was the NZ / Australasian / Oceanic lightweight boxing champ and his dad (a patched mongrel mob member) ran the onehunga boxing gym..

bingo......

thats why im cynical.....

Tua is the polar opposite of anything gang related. I've read these two are tipped to take home 7 figures each for the fight. Lightweight boxers are all crackheads who run there gyms off the proceeds of crime [/generalisation] These two are not. They stand to make alot more and lose alot less by playing straight

Nice derail on the thread guys

Both fighters get paid $500K straight up for this fight whether they win or lose. Then there could be endorsements/bonuses on top but there'll also be training/management/entourage "fees" as well so yeah.

I highly doubt that anyone in NZ would be able to pull off a rigged match of this magnitude. And I really doubt either fighter would be up for it

Here's the promoters website: http://www.ducoevents.co.nz/

Both fighters get paid $500K straight up for this fight whether they win or lose. Then there could be endorsements/bonuses on top but there'll also be training/management/entourage "fees" as well so yeah.

I highly doubt that anyone in NZ would be able to pull off a rigged match of this magnitude. And I really doubt either fighter would be up for it

Here's the promoters website: http://www.ducoevents.co.nz/

at the end o the day neither of us know for sure......

yeahyeah it all looks legit on paper... but who knows what happens behind closed doors..or doesnt.....

meh

tua will knock out cameron in the late rounds after an "epic performance of two of nz's greatest boxers" that go toe to toe and is far too close to call.....