Where are you going for New Years?

Grind

Where are you going for New Years?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you going for New Years?

• Phat
    • RnV
    • Coro Gold
    • Other festival
    • Auckland
    • Other NZ location
    • Overseas
    • DUNNO / P!SS OFF

RnV line up looks pretty tempting to me and I would definitely be heading there if the mates were keen. I've never been but been hearing from alot of people that its packed with dick heads. Personally I reckon harden the fuck up and make your own fun

RnV line up looks pretty tempting to me and I would definitely be heading there if the mates were keen. I've never been but been hearing from alot of people that its packed with dick heads. Personally I reckon harden the fuck up and make your own fun

I had some mates who went last year and had a wicked time (and are all going back..) Line-up aint really tempting me though

i did RnV at 'the good one' - back in 2005 with Shapeshifter, Kora, Katchafire, Nick D, Pacific Heights, Sola Rosa, Salmonella Dub, Black Seeds, Fat freddys drop, cornerstone roots, and so on. that was my best new years to date. Even my 29 year old brother agreed. Yet the following year we returned and had one of the lamest new years on records. the acts were far less impressive and the people seemed to have changed (even in the space of a year)..the whole vibe seemed a bit different.. theres no denying the campsites are good fun, good chance to get rowdy, but for me RnV was a teenage thing and i'd leave it at that.. far too many extreme youngsters or sleezes seem to be heading there nowadays..

the only way id return is if i got a bunch of mates together and hired a house, away from the campsites.. and the lineup would have to be a lot better, its more an indie electro-rock gig compared to the dub/reggae it used to be. for me kiwi summer is about the latter, but thats just my opinion.

i did RnV at 'the good one' - back in 2005 with Shapeshifter, Kora, Katchafire, Nick D, Pacific Heights, Sola Rosa, Salmonella Dub, Black Seeds, Fat freddys drop, cornerstone roots, and so on. that was my best new years to date. Even my 29 year old brother agreed. Yet the following year we returned and had one of the lamest new years on records. the acts were far less impressive and the people seemed to have changed (even in the space of a year)..the whole vibe seemed a bit different.. theres no denying the campsites are good fun, good chance to get rowdy, but for me RnV was a teenage thing and i'd leave it at that.. far too many extreme youngsters or sleezes seem to be heading there nowadays..

the only way id return is if i got a bunch of mates together and hired a house, away from the campsites.. and the lineup would have to be a lot better, its more an indie electro-rock gig compared to the dub/reggae it used to be. for me kiwi summer is about the latter, but thats just my opinion.

yep same year as me, was dope.. once is enough tho.

looks like ill be working all of new years flicking food at the baywatch camp grounds all going well.

yep same year as me, was dope.. once is enough tho.

looks like ill be working all of new years flicking food at the baywatch camp grounds all going well.

yah also did 05 at rnv, was so so sick, and like u say, did 06 and so much had changed withn a year

Phat + south island missions this year again.. last year was dope, def doin it all agen

Sigh soooo annoying.... like I really wanna go to phat... but my recent change of direction has made me think "hmmmmmmm!?" I honestly think I would be far too tempted if I went.. last one was a psychadellic hedonistc grand mission (20 over three days) and it took me a couple o months to come back to earth... and now with chems being removed....hmmmmmmmm....?