Pros and Cons of using GE Finance

Taiko

they will call you and try sell you insurance on your loan. as long as you stay away from that you should be sweet.

are you just using it for the interest free term?

Make sure you pay it back before the terms up, their interest rates are probably pretty horrendous.

are you just using it for the interest free term?

Make sure you pay it back before the terms up, their interest rates are probably pretty horrendous.

Correct. The 40months is the only way i can really conceive affording a mac at this stage.

If i take it then i will definitely be paying it off before the 40months. I believe the interest rate is something like 25%!

Are there any dodgy Ts&Cs on paying the loan back early?

I noticed a $40 early repayment fee if you pay it all before the term ends (although i was looking at the personal loan FAQs on their website -unsure if this includes whatever set up they have through HN). Fucking ridiculous either way.

:?

IMO just save up and buy it. Kids these days.

If it's interest free then there's nothing wrong with having it NOW rather than in 3 years or whatever.

Um. Yes there is. This is basically why A) Kiwis are useless savers B) the credit bubble happened.

It's all very good - until your ____ craps out and you need to go get it repaired or replaced. Now you can't either make the repayments or get it paid off in time.

I've always been of the opinion interest free things are fine so long as you have the cash monies first, that way you can keep the money you already have in your bank account earning interest.

I suppose its just a difference in philosophy and you might miss out on the odd good deal but if it looks to good to be true it probably is, and you're running the risk of getting your life sucked away.

I'd have to agree with DR A on this. Unless you actually have the money in the bank I would personally avoid, especially on a substantially large purchase. I mean, yeah everything might be going swimmingly now but if you end up unemployed for whatever reason, illness, injury, or just plain yo-ass-got-firedness, then what was a really affordable monthly payment could turn into something a bit more difficult.

Zpak might hit us up with some specific GE related info, he used to work in loans there so he'll know every little way the are gonna try and fuck you.

I'd have to agree with DR A on this. Unless you actually have the money in the bank I would personally avoid, especially on a substantially large purchase. I mean, yeah everything might be going swimmingly now but if you end up unemployed for whatever reason, illness, injury, or just plain yo-ass-got-firedness, then what was a really affordable monthly payment could turn into something a bit more difficult.

if your worried about any of that then you could always get their job insurance on your loan

but since that was one of the things i warned you about in the first place, you'd have to think if it was really worth it..

It'll be through the creditline, last i remeber was around 25.9% interest, calculated on the balance of whats remaining, not at a fixed rate like GE Money loans - always beware of the difference. Its interest free anyway.

General early repayment fees are incurred, normally smallish, establishment fee, optional insurance. Is it 40months interest free or differed? If it is differed, and you go 41 months without clearing the debt in full, all 40months interest will be loaded back onto the debt which = extreme suckomoto. What are the exact terms, 20months differed, 20months interest free?

I live life with a 0 debt policy after working there for long enough and seeing what goes on and how bad it gets; none of my business anyway, but having no debt means you can lead a cheap life. Its key imo.

Macs suck anyway.