ACC draft Liqour Licensing Policy

Teret

I know they're always talking about it this but heres the latest

The Policy proposes dividing Auckland City into three sectors with different licensing hours for each. These are for all On-Licences; restaurant, bar and entertainment.

§ Auckland CBD:

Hours 7am till 1am

Can be extended to 3am if

- premise has a clean record

- ‘trained’ security staff on from 11pm – 4am; 1 per 50 patrons

- all staff after 1am are NZQA qualified responsible servers

Can be extended to 24 hours if in addition to the above

- CCTV cameras are in place

- 'one-way door' from 4am

- free food from 3am 5 star i bet

- no one person purchases over 4 drinks at a time from 3am

§ Entertainment Precincts:

These are Ponsonby Rd, Parnell Road, Newmarket, Mt Eden Village, Kingsland Village and Mission Bay ONLY.

Hours 7am to 1am

Can be extended to 3am if

- the premise has a clean record

- ‘trained’ security staff on from 11pm – 4am; 1 per 50 patrons

- all staff after 1am are NZQA qualified responsible server

- 'one-way door' from 2am

§ Everywhere else:

Hours 7am to 11pm

Can be extended to 12pm if

- the premise has a clean record

- ‘trained’ security staff on from 10pm – 1am; 1 per 50 patrons

- all staff after 11pm are NZQA qualified responsible server

All Off Licenses including supermarkets will have a 10pm closing time.

Link to more bullshit

So if this passes expect prices to go up to cover costs no doubt. Seems to work alright in Australia. Bit like the No smoking thing. You just get used to it.

Opinions, Flame wars?

This means I could see a DJ I want to see play at around midnight?

I like it!

Everything goes far to late these days.

Im not for this at all... if internattys play at 12am then nights out on the piss wont be such epic benders.. which i suppose is exactly what they are aiming for, touche cunts.

I like the fact that the main act jumps on at like 1:30am, gives ya time to warm up and not have to rush into town before 11, you can crank a flat party till like 12 then head in.

not in favour at all.....

like I see the reasons why.... but in reality I think it will kill the scene....CCTV lends its self to possible police harassment of punters... not cool...

maybe there will be a militant group of ravers and promoters that will have the balls and start running warehouse parties again if this happens,, so that wouldnt be a bad thing... also maybe we could see a wave of RTS parties.....

when I see this shit I automatically think of the UK in the late 80's and early 90's with the criminal justice bill ....its also so fucking indicitive of a right wing government to push this archaic stuff ahead and limit our freedoms even more...

"as you party and free your mind ,babylon watches".....meh.....

Hopefully all this results in less thugs wandering around town on the piss casuing violence and shit.

Think it needs a lot of work though. eg. Kings Arms would need to shut at 11PM under these rules!

And bars being forced to give out free food? Wack.

Hopefully all this results in less thugs wandering around town on the piss casuing violence and shit.

understand where you're coming from, i think everyone wants this to be the case, but not being able to get into any bars from 2 or 3 or whenever kinda means more drunk angry people on the streets yeah?

Think it needs a lot of work though. eg. Kings Arms would need to shut at 11PM under these rules!

And bars being forced to give out free food? Wack.

Just heard the interview with the council on bfm and of course the current area's drawn up by the plan are currently under discussion as part of consultation. They are aware the current guides will probably need to be changed to take Kings Arms, Powerstation, and some lower Parnel venues which currently are outside the specified zones.

I'm sure they will sort out these issues before this comes into effect.

understand where you're coming from, i think everyone wants this to be the case, but not being able to get into any bars from 2 or 3 or whenever kinda means more drunk angry people on the streets yeah?

Let's be honest though, having bars open all night isn't exactly stopping drunk angry people from walking the streets at all. I would hope that NZ could sort out it's attitude to alcohol without being treated like children but quite honestly without some legislation aimed to get things heading in that direction I doubt it will ever happen. That's not too say that I'm happy about the proposed changes but I can absolutely understand why they are doing it.

Let's be honest though, having bars open all night isn't exactly stopping drunk angry people from walking the streets at all. I would hope that NZ could sort out it's attitude to alcohol without being treated like children but quite honestly without some legislation aimed to get things heading in that direction I doubt it will ever happen. That's not too say that I'm happy about the proposed changes but I can absolutely understand why they are doing it.

x2

take a look at places like hamilltron.. all of the bars shut @ 3am there ... and its bedlam on the streets. Generally everyone gets well fucking twisted before they go out. hit the clubs at like 12 or 11 and then drink crazy crazy amounts and @ 3 ,when everyone spills out on the streets theres not enough cabs and the fights begin.

Now hamilton has a population of what? like 180 000 ... maybe 15000 peeps of clubbing age.... Obviously it would be a huuuuuuge night that would undoubtably end in riots if everyone went out at once .

Now imagine the clubbing population of auckland and imagine them all spilling out of the all the bars in the city @ 3am....recipe for fights,rapes GBH's and other serious crime imo....

i really like visiting a couple nice, small cocktail bars on the way home from a night at fu or wherever...would be shame to be unable to hit cartel at 5am anymore....

as for the 3am menu? i'll take a veggie burrito thanks, extra guac and sour cream...