GUY FAWKES

Grind

guy fawkes used to be the best time of year back in the day.. fuk we used to build some ridulous bombs, enough to bring down power poles, croncrete walls etc .. hmm.

when i lived in japan them cats had buzzy bees that were around 5-10cm n fek did they fly.. interested to know where the good shit is these days, id say its all pritty regulated tho

Guy fawkes died when they banned sky rockets and bumble bees

Grow up Pat

Sky-rockets, double-happies etc... were you even born yet?

Some of the new roman candles and shit that we have today are actually more powerful/extreme than what we used to have back in the day I reckon. And yes you can be creative and make your own if that's your thing..

guy fawkes used to be the best time of year back in the day.. fuk we used to build some ridulous bombs, enough to bring down power poles, croncrete walls etc .. hmm.

Seriously?

Man we were stoked to blow up a letterbox, but a fucking power pole!

i used to live on the outskirts of the air force base...im going to be careful what i say here, but some of the kids back then would sneak into the bomb dump.

thats where they would bury old munitions.

normally youd find cases and cases of spent shells, or flares and shit.

everynow and then some real treats would be procured there.

ie;mortars, smoke grenades etc...

so, one guy fawkes, a few years later after moving to massey, some of the kids decided it was time to put this smoke grenade to the test...

it was tied to a swing pole and a lonnnng piece of rope attached to the firing pin.

after walking down the street aways, the pin was pulled and the rope wound up.

nothing happened...

so, par to what you always do when a firework/bomb doesnt goe off, we all walked back up to see what the deal was.

just as the oldest kid approached it, the cap popped off and this dark red smoke started spewing out hard.

we all skated off down the street, and looking back, noticed that the entire park was nos swaped in a thick red cloud. pretty cool...

after a few minutes it became obvious that this bomb still had a ways to go, and now the whole street was full of red smoke.

we all decided to bail indoors back to our respective homes, switch on the TV's and pretend like nothing happened...

well, pretty soon, it became hard to see out of the windows, and there were sirens and shit all up and down the street.

a wee while later, the whole street was out inspecting what the fuck was going on, there was a few fire engines, HAZMAT crew, police, dogs etc...

eventually the fire police figured that this was air force ordinance and started asking some questions of the parents. everyone got rounded up except me, but somehow even after inspection of their homes they all got off.

and years later I never told anyone what some of the kids had been up to that guy fawkes.

until now...

Seriously?

Man we were stoked to blow up a letterbox, but a fucking power pole!

Wouldnt you shut down power in a suburb if you brought down a power pole? potentially cause a large fire?

Your story is gangster evoke. Would have loved to see that.

we were real young and real dumb.. but yes.

welded closed thick steel tubes filled thru a tiny hole and a wick down the hole. filled with gun powder from 'magic sings' or using ramset cartridge powder. these things were next level. thank fuk im past all that.

guide to fireworks dizplays for the homies

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10607465

i used to live on the outskirts of the air force base...im going to be careful what i say here, but some of the kids back then would sneak into the bomb dump.

thats where they would bury old munitions.

normally youd find cases and cases of spent shells, or flares and shit.

everynow and then some real treats would be procured there.

ie;mortars, smoke grenades etc...

To me, this started like the start of a darwin award

sounds epic

I thought it was a bit quiet around the neighbourhood last night, and in the paper today they quoted the NZ Fire service saying it was the most quiet Guy Fawkes they've ever had!

Rain wouldn't have helped. And people like me who failed on actually buyin any