Blacklight Tattoo's

Known One

Bad meaning bad, or bad meaning good?

I think its pretty stoopid aye, you need a UV light! I mean, if it would show up with a strope light you could be come sort of uber hardhouse raver, but it doesn't even show up on a uv tanning bed! I'm nobody to judge though I guess.

They are cool pictures though, just can't see it really catching on. My friend was saying there's a guy in Ottawa with half his face covered with a blacklight tat.

Seems like the perfect body modification option for conservative people with secret leanings towards creative physical expression...

I'd be afraid of the toxic properties (although that's kinda rich coming from me given that I have copious amounts of non glowing ink embedded in my skin...)

they should make ones that are just glow in the dark.. no black light needed!

still.. hmm.. im undecided about this one. i dont think that its something that i would get, but dont think its quite such a glowsticks and psytrance, acid raving and bum chum thing as peceptual chaos does.. it could be cool to have a tat that is a picture in normal light, then if you turn the black light on its something quite different indeed.

what have you got tatoo's of soldier?

You've seen some of them I think... I have a backpiece designed by Martin F. Emond which is 2 siamese girls with one butterfly wing and one antenna each. I have a little red one on my arm which I was gonna get branded on there but couldn't find anyone who could do it and I have a frame of a girl from a comic on my leg.

pAKAge: I'd go to Illicit. Ima get them to make mine bigger, brighter, better.

I think a UV tat would be great. No one would see it if you didn't want them to. As far as I know you have to source the ink yourself though, buy it online or something. I havn't been able to find anyone in AUK that does it but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Soldier_girl: How does branding work? Is it as the name suggests, like with really hot metal or what?

Yeah Illicit all the way, I get all my work done there now. So much talent under one roof and a real good atmos.

It is exactly as it sounds, they make the image out of metal and then heat it up and then you have to sit really still while they burn it into you (which is probably extremely hard given that you would be able to smell your own flesh burning...) But I couldn't find anyone trustworthy to do it in NZ, not the kind of thing you wanna trust to some backyard body mod entrepreneur...

... you would be able to smell your own flesh burning...

What do you reckon it would smell like? My bet's on Pork. If you do find someone to do it could you make a note? It does sound cool but I'm way too wimpy to hack that.

yeah, im down for getting a tat, but not too down for being branded eh.. damn that would hurt! aiight yo, ill call into illicit on my lunch break 2mrw and have a browse through their works, and maybe even book a day

If I find someone to do it I will film it and sell the footage to the highest bidder. But you kids can have the notes for free.

If you go to illicit they should have the portfolio folders on the counter so you can have a sly look at the different artists work and case out who you prefer. And there should be someone on deck to give you an idea of cost, how long it will take etc they are real helpful up there