phat advice

Merge

Okay so I've never been able to make it down- this is my first phat trip..

Ive done alot of camping before so i know the basic gear but anyone have any advice on additional things that may make the trip that much better?

What I'm after here is anything I need to purchase before heading down, and also when I'm down there any do's and don'ts about where to camp, etc..

I've had it drilled into me that you really need earplugs to sleep, so no need to mention that... And yes, I have already considered drugs... anything else that I should definitely contemplate taking with me?

Where to camp:

Dont go A is my only advice really.

Not right next to the toilets is obvious, but close enough so its not that much of a mish should the need occur - also, a good view of them may help when you're deciding if you can be arsed walking to them (miss the queues that randomly pop up).

Take a Seat!

Take gumboots..

Take something that will shade you and shelter you during the day thats not your tent.

Take a ground sheet.

Walkie Talkies are a good one... especially if you are with someone

We camped around this spot last time... (The orange star)

I thought it was pretty dece... far enough away from the main area to get some privacy and a bit of secluded bush for the boys and girls to take a slash in. We'll be around there this time.

Edited by Guest

last time i was there, i was in lot E i think.

same

Take a few old towels. If its as wet and muddy as 09 these will come in handy for cleaning your feet etc upon entering tent etc

It's gonna be hot, sunny and dry. Wouldn't worry about towels, gumboots or waterproof gear.

Phat Tips

a cooker,,,,couple o gas bottles , u can get cheap ones at the warehouse,, platic cups plates cutlery and two buckets..<

two 10 litre things of water

Food... lotsa nice easy open things (rip tops) spaghetti and meat balls baked beans irish stew what ever, fruit , lotsa canned fruit... some crakers,,, and chips... some gingernuts,,, epic wen u need a wee munch on the rinse,,

sunscreen lip stuff and normal stuff....

art supplies,,, pens paint paper scissors etc... (make a time capsule)

a car cell phone charger...

Oh yeah and camp in D.... its real close to the stages, and theres access to shade and its quiet enuff....

yah

they stock Phat Club with booze for the following year by using confiscated booze, the search is pretty thorough. It took the UpBeats 4 hours to get through the gate at 08!

They'll search your air filter, sub bin's, suitcases etc. Be clever.

And yeah, a decent pocket torch. I've got the NOS covered

Gumboots.

If it rains it gets VERY muddy.

Can easily pick up a pair for cheap in Nelson on the way.

dont wait until before the event for gumboots... westport etc usually sell out if there is predicted rain and plastic bags around your feet done work so well.

Also dont worry about bringing in booze, 3 beers for $10 is pretty damb good and lots of other deals. Im working behind the bar the 29th and 30th nights come see me and ill sort ya out.

Other things to bring

-Communal shelter ie tarp, old army tent etc, makes tent site much better

-Tiki torch/solar powered garden light awesome to find your tent in those states

-a watch to know what time it is/acts are on, phones should be left at home

-some sort of colapsable table, makes everything from eating to drinking easier

I found the lower camping sites best for noise, still feel the bass but dont get the 'trainwreck mix' sound of both stages up the top.

Hope this helps

Gumboots.

If it rains it gets VERY muddy.

Can easily pick up a pair for cheap in Nelson on the way.

yup

also long socks so you dont get raw bits of leg from top o gumboots.. also DONT wear your favorate pair of vision DV8s that you bought for 250$ US even though they work remarkably well in a "muddy Rave Core" situation.... sigh