Myspace.

Grind

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah fuck that emo shit on myspace aye.. its bloody weird if you ask me. but craig its not all emo bitches on there anyway.. it is avoidable

i found myspace fantastic when in golden bay.. just keeping up with what me auckers friends are up to and just carried on with it when i moved back up.. the key is just to keep ya friends list as people you know or are willing to get to know and not just add anyone.. then its just an extra way to keep in touch or keep up to date with ya mates.. kinda like this forum.

and you can have your fave band/dj as your friend.. how cool!

but...it IS addictive. so be warned

Grind.. Yes i use MSN, and yes i am on this forum a lot.. but i do work 40 hours a week in front of a computer. Even still.. i find that i can quite suffiecently use my 40 hours a week at work either working (hardly.. seriously.. i spend about 1h:30m on the phone out of every 8 hour day at my ISP helpdesk job) or on msn, or on this forum, or doing developer type stuff for this site, and others me and Mr. Kritical are working on.. past that i could always be practising some other web design or programming.. i just dont really have that much time to waste when i sit infront of a computer eh..

Aphra.. I catch up with people enough on MSN, Email, Txt or in person to seriously not bother with myspace.... as i said above.. simply not enough time on my hands eh.

I think that it would be a good idea maybe for someone like Skono, who has gone overseas and instead of emailing everyone or posting in his own thread he could just give everyone the same URL, and it would b much easier..

I have to admit.. i did sign up for it ages ago.. i think i got pakage but not sure.. never looked at it again after i signed up. I think that the only time i would actually bother with it would be if going overseas indefinately... but yeah.. apart from that im waaay to busy using my time more productively

i just replying to the emo comments, thats all

must... resist... lame... gay... joke

you and your gay jokes

(jezzus that took like half an hour to load those emoticons on my comp aye)

yeah sorry for that late comeback here's the guts . . .

jumped on beginning of last year, about 4 million users, because I put my music on all the free sites. Then noticed John B on there and swapped a couple of messages, and Logistics, Sonic, Jenna G, Influx UK, D.kay and of course always heaps of hook ups with local guys.

Then I got onto the forums and I got into that because dudes were clicking straight through to my songs and checking out what I was about and I was getting hook ups there.

This is an aspect i'd like to see developed on this site.

I joined all the DnB + Downbeat groups, I started the Liquid Funk Drum & Bass group, and got a couple of downbeat tunes signed in the states, and heaps of guys playing my tunes on thier shows.

I can keep up with all my favourite local and international artists tunes, my mates tunes, keep tabs on old mates, etc. then I started making fake profiles to promote my shit, started getting play with all these gorgeous chicks . . . its fucking awesome, it changed my life, no shit.

So now almost 18 months later, with over 80 million users, I got over 6000 plays, 1292 "fans" - for romantech - I got one profile with 3647 but yeah . . .

Basically it just comes down to one thing: critical mass. Everybody's using it . . . because everybody uses it. Every band is on there.

Every kid with their own connection is on there for hours a day and anybody with the right ideas is able to reach them.

And it means real "scene" based music such as D'n B AND, yes, Emo, can find its roots in international connections that are geographically dislocated.

www.myspace.com/romantech

Now you know how I do, you gotta better chance of getting at me there than anywhere else.

myspace..

not one for the blog action but ive managed to hook up with a whole rift of people i met a very long time ago whom i'd lost contact with...

not sure i really get what you're on (about) package but whatever man. the site manages to, as grinder so rightly pointed out, make a much smaller place of a very wide wide world...

make of it what you want.

myspace..

not one for the blog action but ive managed to hook up with a whole rift of people i met a very long time ago whom i'd lost contact with...

not sure i really get what you're on (about) package but whatever man. the site manages to, as grinder so rightly pointed out, make a much smaller place of a very wide wide world...

nice website dude, that flyer archive is siiiick

myspace..

nice website dude, that flyer archive is siiiick

I second the motion