Pay abusive parents to be sterilised - Act MP

Pakage

<t>do you agree with this?</t>  

17 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with this?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

"Act MP David Garrett has suggested parents with a history of child abuse should be given a $5000 incentive to be sterilised."

full story

im kinda on the fence about this. seems like a good idea on the face of it, but it also seems pretty wack at the same time.

whats your thoughts?

i guess my major concern is that this could be construed as softening the populace to the idea of forcing people to get sterilized?

similar to how the US water boarding terrorists in Guantanamo is the first step to softening the populace to the idea of torturing criminals on their own soil.

/paranoid?

idea of torturing criminals on their own soil.

...and they don't already..?

sorry i should have said:

similar to how the US water boarding terrorists in Guantanamo was the first step to softening the populace to the idea of torturing criminals on their own soil.

Mr down 'n' out owes gang A $10,000, he can get easy access to $5k if he goes home and beats the crap out of his kids. Way to go ACT, another stroke of genius.

I know that is a totally oversimplified evaluation but I don't think this is the road we want to be going down. Reserving the right to remove children from their custody should be far enough. I'm sure there are plenty of parents looking for children to adopt in this country.

Mr down 'n' out owes gang A $10,000, he can get easy access to $5k if he goes home and beats the crap out of his kids. Way to go ACT, another stroke of genius.

This. Blatantly a publicity stunt though. If he thinks this is ever going to pass he should be sterilised himself

This. Blatantly a publicity stunt though. If he thinks this is ever going to pass he should be sterilised himself

He probably beats his kids too and doesn't want anymore. Dirty money grabbing ACT.

hmmmmm. the ACT party pushing further right....

can u smell eugenics (or the want of ) in the air...

Needs more Burning of these rabid conservative fucks and less attempts at controlling "the underclass"... Fuckers....

INT-ACT OFFICE-DAY

"ACT GUY1,

hey I know lets bring in this well wikkid idea!

ACT GUY 2

oooh (sounds of a sly mastey off camera)

whats this then eh?

ACT GUY 1

Lets inact this draconian neo facist third reich idea that we steralise peeps and give em a sly 5 k so they can blow it on crack and bring the crime rate up

ACT GUY 2

(sounds of masterbation intesnifing

(AHHH (bits top lip)

That sounds marvelous

CUT TOO blacked out room. sillohette of figure with huge moustach at desk, bald figure pops up from between his legs and wipes mouth, lights come on...

RODNRY HYDE and ROGER DOUGLAS in post coital glow...

RODNEY,

mmm thats some good spin...

ROGER DOUGLAS

Shut the fuck up bitch go privitise your assets for inspection

RODNEY gets up is wearing a bright yellow ball dress. looks @ ROGER meekly , YES! masser

Glitch core film degrade,

FIN

Despite the idiotic way the idea was suggested... there are some good points to it.

TBH I wouldn't mind a non-forceful approach to sterilization for serious child abuse offenders. Not in the form of a Cash incentive, perhaps 3 months taken off their prison term.

We're not talking about a Nazi Germany style gene cleansing... just literally stopping abusive parents having children... nothing to do with cleaning the Gene pool, just preventing further abuse.

To me it's just a variation on taking away their children (which already happens)... it's just also taking away future children. If you EVER beat your kids, you don't deserve them. Ever. Unless they were REALLY naughty.

Yeah this idea screams 'Lets wipe out the scummy lower class' too loudly, the five grand is just a bit of icing on the cake, I don't think this will protect kids in anyway.

That's ridiculous, it's got nothing to do with wiping out the lower-class. Not saying I agree with it, just sayin'.

MP makes throwaway commetn... all of a sudden causes drama...

reminds me of "climbing the mountain of conflict" on int he loop!

sed the neo con him self.... ahem MikeE Hearts Act.... voted for them and touted their "Anarchistic ways" if I remember correctly

Look basically this is rediculous and text book neo con psudo facist rhetoric... theres no argument.what so ever.. any kind of sterilistaion or thought of it is a massive breach on human rights and a control mechanism of the most putrid kind...

Yeah yeah we all know our society (along with most others in the western imperialist world and the along with most other nations) is FUCKED... why? well lets look at the real reasons...

capitalism, consumerism state control. racism,media worship mass consumption,, all of which are american imperialist dreams,,,

how can any moral and ethical human abide and justify any of this? Yup I have sed it all before to an audience of nay sayers and deaf ears,

I mean hurting kids emotionally physically and sexually is the most despicible thing ever, FACT...

But who the fuck do these rabid indervidualistic right wing fucks think they are even mentioning these kind of EXTREME measures... one step up from implimenting genocide on (insert cultural ideological racial groupings here)...

there is no honest justification for this , NONE.......

and falling short of pointing fingers , I would be saddened if any one on this forum percribed to these insane measures or made whimsicle remarks to detour the seriousness of these "Ideas" .

The people who inflict the misery on these poor kids whilst at fault, are symptomatic of the putrid system we live in, so in my mind the system should be punished and the mechanisms that build these foul actions and instill the moral degradation in the inderviduals that administer these disgusting acts are secondary on the firing line to the system that out cast them via wage slavery and lack of education from the get go... and not the inderviduals them selves...

If we tolerate this Then your thoughts will be next....

MP makes throwaway commetn... all of a sudden causes drama...

reminds me of "climbing the mountain of conflict" on int he loop!

sed the neo con him self.... ahem MikeE Hearts Act.... voted for them and touted their "Anarchistic ways" if I remember correctly

Look basically this is rediculous and text book neo con psudo facist rhetoric... theres no argument.what so ever.. any kind of sterilistaion or thought of it is a massive breach on human rights and a control mechanism of the most putrid kind...

Yeah yeah we all know our society (along with most others in the western imperialist world and the along with most other nations) is FUCKED... why? well lets look at the real reasons...

capitalism, consumerism state control. racism,media worship mass consumption,, all of which are american imperialist dreams,,,

how can any moral and ethical human abide and justify any of this? Yup I have sed it all before to an audience of nay sayers and deaf ears,

I mean hurting kids emotionally physically and sexually is the most despicible thing ever, FACT...

But who the fuck do these rabid indervidualistic right wing fucks think they are even mentioning these kind of EXTREME measures... one step up from implimenting genocide on (insert cultural ideological racial groupings here)...

there is no honest justification for this , NONE.......

and falling short of pointing fingers , I would be saddened if any one on this forum percribed to these insane measures or made whimsicle remarks to detour the seriousness of these "Ideas" .

The people who inflict the misery on these poor kids whilst at fault, are symptomatic of the putrid system we live in, so in my mind the system should be punished and the mechanisms that build these foul actions and instill the moral degradation in the inderviduals that administer these disgusting acts are secondary on the firing line to the system that out cast them via wage slavery and lack of education from the get go... and not the inderviduals them selves...

If we tolerate this Then your thoughts will be next....