Q's On Samoa

thr339z

yoza

so whos been to samoa?

insights horror stories epic moments tips, places.do's dont's all welcome

yah i just scored a job there (filming,editing,directing, tourism dvd , doing webisodes on you tube, blogging, taking pics) , 6 weeks on, 1 month off leaving nz on the 20th of april..... any info would be much appreciated

watch out for stray dogs, there are heaps of them and they are vicious

a guy I worked with a few years ago had his legs torn up really bad, just walking down the road to get somewhere and he knew to beware of them but didn't see it coming

I don't know if it is still a problem now though

the speed limit is like 30km/h as well or at least that's what I'm told when I get livid about all the sunday drivers in favona/mangere, apparently they are just fresh

they have plastic wheelie rubbish bins out the front of the houses but they are only for show (?), that's a story I heard from someone who went there quite recently and the person protested to it's accuracy

There's a church on every street and in some places you aren't allowed to swim on Sundays :o

Somewhere on Savai'i there are some really awesome "sliding rocks". pretty much just sliding down waterfalls, very fun

Once you meet a few locals, you should ask around for the places where people cliff dive, seeing these 8-9 year olds doing Mangere bombs from like 15-20 meters high. Some really cool places situated more in the jungle.

Goes without saying to try the local 'umu, hope you like pig

Heaps of awesome places to snorkel, and fishing is meant to be quite good too.

*ahh yea the stray dogs haha. Most of them have these large growths hanging off their faces and bellys. mmmmm...growths~

chur thank u and noted... its gonna be some crazy arse shit thats for sure.... will def keep my eyes peeled for the mutant dogs ...

im really looking forward to it , will be epic but im EXTREMELY nervous............

any more info?

If it helps, Samoans are the most warm welcoming. They don't get as much tourism as say Fiji or Hawaii (maybe even Raro) which is a good thing in my opinion.

Ahh man I'm getting hungry thinking about all the yummy, mostly unhealthy food you will be eating :o

yah i just scored a job there (filming,editing,directing, tourism dvd , doing webisodes on you tube, blogging, taking pics) , 6 weeks on, 1 month off leaving nz on the 20th of april..... any info would be much appreciated

Nice one, sounds dope!

If it helps, Samoans are the most warm welcoming. They don't get as much tourism as say Fiji or Hawaii (maybe even Raro) which is a good thing in my opinion.

Ahh man I'm getting hungry thinking about all the yummy, mostly unhealthy food you will be eating :o

yah so I have heard... its gonna be dope ! cant wait to get me hands on a lava lava or 5 and cruise round the island eating pineapple and bananas in my company car driving @ 40kms an hour.... mmmm I also love chop suey and taro and pig so im all g.... will be excellent to be basking in 26-30 degree heat too as nz is getting colder... will post links to me blogs and you tube both workwise and personal

I have a feeling I could get ultra fear and loathing on it or ultra jungle steez...

@ grind

churrrrrrrrr