Recommended Films

Medium

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea redstar dont have an opinion otherwise u will get beat down

Hrrrm..... we had the opinion that the film was great and then got told that it was a hack fest. Hence we would defend our opinion, as most people probably would given a similar situation.

Hrrrm..... we had the opinion that the film was great and then got told that it was a hack fest. Hence we would defend our opinion, as most people probably would given a similar situation.

fair enough, if he thinks the movie is a hackfest thats a valid point, redstar can have his opinion, he has read the entire screenplay and is speaking from that point of view, i dont think he was taking aim at you or grind but at the "movie", if ya get me.

fair enough, if he thinks the movie is a hackfest thats a valid point, redstar can have his opinion, he has read the entire screenplay and is speaking from that point of view, i dont think he was taking aim at you or grind but at the "movie", if ya get me.

Yeah i get what you are trying to say but my opinion that Ben is too cool for school is also a valid opinion ya get me.

I think hipster kitty could be relevant to this situation.

Yeah i get what you are trying to say but my opinion that Ben is too cool for school is also a valid opinion ya get me.

I think hipster kitty could be relevant to this situation.

yea i get you. got you the first time around tbh.

• 1 month later...

Recently saw this. Highly recomend, basically this dude gets sick of his life and the way he sits in this world, leaves his wife, and goes quite crazy, emotionally brutal.

Picked up shrink a while back, reminded me why I consider Kevin Spacey my favourite actor. Depressing as fuck though, have the lights out for this one.

Need I say more?

Another bawwwwwww fest. A musical yes but with Bjork doing the music for fucks sake!

An epic mob saga, quite long but well worth it.

Have watched this half a dozen times, "In the future, the Japanese government captures a class of ninth-grade students and forces them to kill each other under the revolutionary "Battle Royale" act."

One of the most fucked up endings ever.

Would love to post more recommendations but it's time for bed.

I got a raging hardon for Takashi Miike's work

Highly highly recommend "Audition" out of this lot.

Audition (Amazingly crafted Romantic Drama turned completely upside down into sadistic Horror half way thru. Never seen this strong contrast/switch in a horror movie ever)

Ichi the Killer (Sick and twisted with a dashing of dark dark comedy )

One Missed Call

The Great Yokai War (this is kinda like Labyrinth, a children orientated movie but with deep mature material embedded "Yokai" refers to Japanese folk tales of mythical monsters/sprites - very creepy indeed)

Dead or Alive (Yakuza style )

Fudoh (more crazy Yakuza)

Zatoichi - 2003 (The Blind Swordsman - "A total of 26 films were made from 1962 to 1989. From 1972 to 1974, a television series of the same name was made. One hundred and twelve episodes were aired before the "Zatoichi" television series was cancelled.[1]

Film number 17 of the original series was remade in America in 1990 (by TriStar Pictures) as Blind Fury, an action movie starring Rutger Hauer".)

This dude ranks in my top 3 best directors , partly due to his consistently fucked up twisted endings

Bronson is pretty fuckin awesome. definitely check it out.

Woody Harrelson! Defendor's pretty sweet, quite funny, plus woody's the man!

Im sure there's more good ones that ive seen lately, but cant remember off the top of my head. ill post up again soon.

I got a raging hardon for Takashi Miike's work

I can not rate this guy enough!

I've caught a few of his films on the big screen in the past, including the Weli showing of Audition which had the faintings/seizures and mass walk outs.

Also recommend his Happiness of the Katakuri's, and DOA2-Birds.

I wish more directors/studios had his balls.

Also caught Battle Royale when it screened at the Paramount. FUCKING EPIC and many dark lols abound. The director was in his 70's when he made it! He died during the making of BR2 and his son took over. The second is an overlong mess of a film imo. All about the first one though - massive guilty pleasure.

Took a few recommendations from this thread, very glad I did indeed;

Bronson - Not bad film at all, good story but a bit too arty for me, 6/10

Layercake - 007 kinda ruined this film for me. Would watch again just for Sienna

Anvil - That's some heavy heavy shit, 8.5/10

Think I'll check out Shrink, Kevin Spacey is the man

Bronson and Shrink were awesome. You guy's rule, nice brain's you've got there etc.

Slightly off topic but the new season of SP is faaaarkin funny!

Also; check out 'Mary and Max', one of the best films I've ever seen.