Recommended Films

Medium

The Planet of the apes series.. all of them theres 4

I believe there's 5 not including the remake.

Planet of the Apes

Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Battle for the Planet of the Apes

That said, ive only bothered to watch the first one.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Planet of the apes series.. all of them theres 4

I believe there's 5 not including the remake.

Planet of the Apes

Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Battle for the Planet of the Apes

That said, ive only bothered to watch the first one.

whoops my bad ! yup theres 5... def watch them they b epic yo!

Straight Story-David Lynch... very lynchian but very different to his other stuff... Now im a lynch FIEND... so i may be a wee bit bias... but to me this film along with Dune are his best works.. <

Wound -David Blyth, NZ's GODFATHER of psychological horror... great film v B grade... worth a watch , playing at the Film Fest On the 20th...I First AD'd on it and made a cameo.. see if ye can spot me

• 2 weeks later...

My 09 Film Fest 10 viewings

A Prophet

French prison film about a new Muslim inmate who morphs from a lackey for the prison senior to become a top dog himself. The film flits on the edges of more edgy thoughts about relationships and some metaphysical elements, but for me i found it hard to see how it got an Oscar nomination. It's a fucking solid film, but i just didn't gel with it all that well (not sure why). 3/5.

The Runaways

This was the lady's choice and not a bad one at that. A competent telling of the story of the all-girl 70's band The Runaways, in particular Joan Jett and lead singer Cherie Currie. Kristen Stewart shows she actually has decent acting chops (Twilight notwithstanding). But the revelation is Dakota Fanning - holy crap, she's grown up! 3.5/5.

Dream Home

Hong Kong Cat III flick demonstrating the extents a young woman will go to to achieve her childhood dream of an apartment with a sea view. Hardcore violence leavened with some sick humor that somehow always seem to relieve the tension a bit when you're watching an attractive woman with a mallet. 4/5.

The Killer Inside Me

Michael Winterbottom directs his follow up to his sex and music flick 9 Songs with this brilliant 50s period piece. Stunning acting by Casey Affleck manages to make you empathizes with his rather despicable character. Production and set design are beyond par. Plus add a wtf ending. 4/5.

Autour De Minuit

A collection of short films from the French digital design house. Some humorous, some pretty heavy, some beautiful and the brilliant Oscar winner Logorama. For the digital design heads or those with short attention spans. 3.5/5.

Amer

French 'horror' that just drips with a love of mid-late 70's Italian horror and pretty much showing a love for the qualities of film in general, really. Near wordless journey of one woman, showing three snapshots of her life as a child, adolescent and adult, and the sexual/erotic encounters during these snapshots. Cue a gloved killer, numerous shots of different material touching skin and extreme close ups of eyes. A love it or hate it kinda film. For some reason, i enjoyed it. Slow cinema with a cut-throat razor. 4/5.

Enter The Void

Gasper Noe made Irreversible. Then he made this.

2001 for our generation.

If you can handle 150mins+, a forever moving never stopping camera, don't suffer motion sickness or suffer epilepsy, don't mind cumshots, can handle acid flashbacks, and know a little about The Book of the Dead, then this film could quite possibly change your life. The fest left the best till last. 5/5.

All in all, the fest delivers again. Invigorating!

Antichrist - Lars Von Trier, Very heavy film dark as fuck....heavy on the dialoge but the pay off is EPICALLY EVIL

Strange Days -Kathryn Bigelow...great peice of Pre Millenial Tension cinema .. some heavy concepts in thum thur cinematics

Antichrist - Lars Von Trier, Very heavy film dark as fuck....heavy on the dialoge but the pay off is EPICALLY EVIL

People keep telling me I need to see this, will have to do so.

yeah man def watch it... dont belive the title too much , but look for the symbolism of it...very intense charecter driven peice of cinema .. once the subtleties of the plot reveal them selves u will be all like OMFG!

Just about to watch Tron (1982) and came across the sequel (not including the video game) that is planned for release this year. They've even got Jeff Bridges and some other original stars from the 1982 Tron.

After looking at the trailers for the new Tron Legacy, I'm really amped to see this one.

Tron (1982)

And Tron Legacy (2010)

Another trailer for Tron Legacy:

This isn't a remake, it's a sequel (28 years later!), and having Jeff Bridges back is gonna be awesome, can't wait for this one~

^ human centipede is on at the auck film fest don't know if I'm going to go, but in a way a movie that sick just has to be watched

you have to see it! as disturbing as it is, it's better to know than to wonder.. i warn you tho, it is really fucking disturbing

fuck dont know if a missed my chance but on the download hopefully when i hear of a mate who has it