Government to allow private ownership of water

EuphoricMilk

Based on nothing but the following simple observation i think its possible that it has improved cavity protection. All 4 of my grandparents had false teeth, my parents have all their teeth still, but quite a lot of fillings, both myself and my sister have no fillings at all.

Obviously its not quite as simple as that as there have been other advancements in dental hygiene which will have contributed to or could in fact be fully responsible for this result.

Thoughts?

Yeah that's true. However have you not noticed the increase in the number of zombies in the last 2 generations? All 4 of my grandparents weren't zombies, my parents were at least partly zombies, but still quite a lot human, but both my brother and I are full blown zombies.

Obviously its not quite as simple as that as there have been other advancements in zombification which will have contributed to or could in fact be fully responsible for this result.

Thoughts?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on nothing but the following simple observation i think its possible that it has improved cavity protection. All 4 of my grandparents had false teeth, my parents have all their teeth still, but quite a lot of fillings, both myself and my sister have no fillings at all.

Obviously its not quite as simple as that as there have been other advancements in dental hygiene which will have contributed to or could in fact be fully responsible for this result.

Thoughts?

Yeah that's true. However have you not noticed the increase in the number of zombies in the last 2 generations? All 4 of my grandparents weren't zombies, my parents were at least partly zombies, but still quite a lot human, but both my brother and I are full blown zombies.

Obviously its not quite as simple as that as there have been other advancements in zombification which will have contributed to or could in fact be fully responsible for this result.

Thoughts?

The predominant reason for Europe's rejection is the belief that public drinking water is not the appropriate vehicle with which to deliver medication to a population. Fluoride is not an essential nutrient, which means that no human disease (including dental decay) has ever been linked to a fluoride deficiency.

True, that's fair enough, but their reasoning isn't to do with fluoridated actually being "bad" for you though.

..the reason these countries stopped was that its proven that flouride that is applied topically (toothpaste) actually improves cavities etc whereas when its ingested in water it does nothing.

Well that's not the same reason in your first quote bro? According to the Wiki article it is proven to be effective:

Water fluoridation is effective at reducing cavities in both children and adults.[9] Earlier studies showed that water fluoridation led to reductions of 50–60% in childhood cavities; more recent studies show lower reductions (18–40%), likely due to increasing use of fluoride from other sources, notably toothpaste..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

Question for those who are opposed.. do you avoid tap water? Is there a way to purify the fluoride out of it?

Sorry my first statement was the reasons (mainly due to the court processes) they initially pulled fluoride. The second statement is what has since been discovered since removing fluoride from the drinking water.

Im going to put this here for you one more time.

COUNTRIES NOT FLUORODATING WATER HAVE SEEN THE SAME REDUCTION IN TOOTH DECAY AS THOSE THAT DO FLURODATE

The reduction in cavities has been attributed to actually applying fluoride to the teeth.

So what else bro? Any other benifits you can see to force medicating our population? Please let me know why you think its a good idea for me to be forced to drink it in my water.

Question for those who are opposed.. do you avoid tap water? Is there a way to purify the fluoride out of it?

I use a special water filter to remove it.

COUNTRIES NOT FLUORODATING WATER HAVE SEEN THE SAME REDUCTION IN TOOTH DECAY AS THOSE THAT DO FLURODATE

The reduction in cavities has been attributed to actually applying fluoride to the teeth.

So what else bro? Any other benifits you can see to force medicating our population? Please let me know why you think its a good idea for me to be forced to drink it in my water.

I believe you bro, I guess I just find it hard to believe that countries like NZ would still be adding fluoride to the national water supply if it had been scientfically proven that a) it didn't actually work or b) had serious side effects. I sure as hell hope it's not bad for you as I've drinken a tonne of it in my lifetime!

I believe you bro, I guess I just don't believe you

EFT

Thread Summary:

Euphoric Milk quotes about Government privatizing public water.

Doc thinks they're talking about the Ocean.

Redstar tries to insight a Revolution.

Dold runs for congress.

Evoke brings up fluoride.

Doc hassles Evoke about the lizardmen.

2 pages of rants about flouride intespersed with Dold campaigning for congress.

I try rick-roll people into watching meatspin.biz

Dr Weazel makes remark about wearing a tinfoil mouthguard.

Hakomi calls Dr Weazal a twat and tells him to fuck off.

Another page of trolling ensues.

/thread

good work guys

Edited by Guest

I sure as hell hope it's not bad for you as I've drinken a tonne of it in my lifetime!

This sums up your whole reason for arguing really.

I believe you bro, I guess I just find it hard to believe that countries like NZ would still be adding fluoride to the national water supply if it had been scientfically proven that a) it didn't actually work or b) had serious side effects.

Even if you think it works why should I be forced to consume it? Seriously why should I have to be medicated because you believe it will help kids teeth. Please answer this.

I sure as hell hope it's not bad for you as I've drinken a tonne of it in my lifetime!

This sums up your whole reason for arguing really.

I believe you bro, I guess I just find it hard to believe that countries like NZ would still be adding fluoride to the national water supply if it had been scientfically proven that a) it didn't actually work or b) had serious side effects.

Even if you think it works why should I be forced to consume it? Seriously why should I have to be medicated because you believe it will help kids teeth. Please answer this.

I just want some solid facts man.

The reasoning is that it's for the greater good. Even though you or I may not need it, cos we understand the importance of brushing teeth and can afford it, there are heaps of disadvantaged and/or stupid people out there who don't.

What about Iodine in salt?

Iodised salt (also spelled iodized salt) is table salt mixed with a minute amount of various iodine-containing salts. The ingestion of iodide prevents iodine deficiency. Worldwide, iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation.[1] It also causes thyroid gland problems, including endemic goitre. In many countries, iodine deficiency is a major public health problem that can be cheaply addressed by iodisation of salt.

Thread Summary:

Euphoric Milk quotes about Government privatizing public water.

Doc thinks they're talking about the Ocean.

Redstar tries to insight a Revolution.

Dold runs for congress.

Evoke brings up fluoride.

Doc hassles Evoke about the lizardmen.

2 pages of rants about flouride intespersed with Dold campaigning for congress.

I try rick-roll people into watching meatspin.biz

Dr Weazel makes remark about wearing a tinfoil mouthguard.

Hakomi calls Dr Weazal a twat and tells him to fuck off.

Another page of trolling ensues.

/thread

good work guys

LOL

What about Iodine in salt?

The difference being is that you can choose to buy non-idozed salt for basically the same price as the isodized stuff, where as, if i wanted to get unflordated water, it would cost me approximately 1920 x more to purchase bottled water as opposed to tap water.

Tap water = $1.562 per kL

Bottled water = $3.00 per L

and thats a conservative estimate on how much bottled water would cost you..

Auckland Water Rates

To be fair, you aren't forced to consume it... you said yourself you use a special filter to extract it.

To be fair, you aren't forced to consume it... you said yourself you use a special filter to extract it.

But lots of people are ignorant and will be consuming un knowingly.

I'm not talking about people ignorant to the fact, I'm referencing Hakomi's point that he is being forced. Well, he's not. I realize that people ignorant to the facts are being forced without their understanding, and I'm totally not for that, regardless of any good intentions.

I'm not talking about people ignorant to the fact, I'm referencing Hakomi's point that he is being forced. Well, he's not. I realize that people ignorant to the facts are being forced without their understanding, and I'm totally not for that, regardless of any good intentions.

Cant even be fucked answering this now or getting back to grinder waaaay to much to do today. I will do later this evening though.

Just one thing though did you realise your average water filter that removes fluoride costs upwards of $600. Hrrm interesting isn't it.

Just one thing though did you realise your average water filter that removes fluoride costs upwards of $600. Hrrm interesting isn't it.

Could it be, those who manufacture water filters are the same people who put fluoride in our water!?

Could it be, those who manufacture water filters are the same people who put fluoride in our water!?

I hope you are just making a funny joke bro cause im getting sick of this shit. No that is not the reason this is interesting.

I hope you are just making a funny joke bro cause im getting sick of this shit. No that is not the reason this is interesting.

Just a joke bro. I agree with you entirely.

sounds like a great way to keep a brother down

Cant even be fucked answering this now or getting back to grinder waaaay to much to do today. I will do later this evening though.

To be honest mate, does it really need much of a response? I mean... it's pedantry really, can't you just acknowledge that the question was worded incorrectly and move on? Any other response would probably insult my intelligence.

Here, I'll reword your question to Grind for you even...

Why should I be forced to have my water supply fluorinated?

It doesn't even fucking matter which way it's written really, I'm just pointing out that technically the initial question doesn't make sence as you aren't 'consuming' flurinated water so hense you are not being forced to... ARHGHHH!

PROOF!

Ever since the fluoride regime was instituted our crabs have been shrinking.

Obviously, it's due to increased water demand(due to increased populaces), rinsing out more fluoride through waste/storm water into the oceans...

On a side note, my initial point wasn't REALLY about fluoride per se.

I meant that, now that private companies will be running/treating/selling our water, who the fuck is going to keep them in check.? government reg's regarding safe "additive" dosages or not, when those muppets make a mistake, or an intended alteration(to bring the levels up to lizard skin pH) of our water supply, how can they really be measured or held accountable?

To be honest mate, does it really need much of a response? I mean... it's pedantry really, can't you just acknowledge that the question was worded incorrectly and move on? Any other response would probably insult my intelligence.

Here, I'll reword your question to Grind for you even...

Why should I be forced to have my water supply fluorinated?

It doesn't even fucking matter which way it's written really, I'm just pointing out that technically the initial question doesn't make sence as you aren't 'consuming' flurinated water so hense you are not being forced to... ARHGHHH!

wow

Ok firstly

You apparently knew what I was trying to say to Grind yet you still had to try pull me up. The person I was actually talking to understood my question and had already answered. Yet you still felt the need to bring it up wtf man.

And no I will not aknowledge that I worded my sentence incorectlly.

So you obviously expect me to travel around with my water filter in my pocket so i can magically pull it out of my arse everytime i need a drink. There are times where fucking obviously I can't use my water filter and I am forced to drink the normal water supply. I do my best to bring water bottles with me when I go most places but this isn't always practical.

So yeah please keep to writing your own sentences and not insulting other peoples intelligence.