<t>Flu Jab for you, sir?</t>  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Flu Jab for you, sir?

• Yes, another round for me please
    • Never had one, but stab away
    • Had it before, but not this time thanks dogg
    • Fuck that shit
    • Your mum's your dad

The admin lady sent an email to our staff today, mentioning that they are looking at getting a nurse in to administer the flu jab to people who want it at no cost.

I have never had a flu jab, and would not consider getting one now, but the amount of people in the office who actually want to get stabbed with this shit really surprised me.

What's yous's thoughts on the ol' jab?

i recieved the same sort of email a while back, and gave a resounding NO in reply

i've managed through life thus far without it so why have it now?

and the paranoia part of me says,

"what's actually in that needle...??"

"and why is it free...??"

haha, i had it this year, it was sweet. ive had it once before too.

Both times ive had it i havent had a full blown flu that year. That said, ive also had years when i havent had the jab and ive not caught the flu either.

dubious that it has extensive benefits, but pretty sure theres no hidden agenda on this one guys.

Haha, I'm not worried about hidden agendas, I just don't get the point.

Like Phonetics said "i've managed through life thus far without it so why have it now?"

I can see how it might be useful for old or sick people, but shouldn't your body be able to kick this sort of crap without injecting yourself with herpes?

Had it couple of times, the last year I had it I got the worst flu of my life, so figured there's no point and probably won't be touching it again.

Definitely a conspiracy from the oil companies though tbh.

The thing which makes me laugh is that people in my office think that by having the flu jab they won't get sick. Fact is the majority of seasonal colds you get through winter aren't flu at all. Add to that they only immunize against certain strains each year it's really just a gamble whether you choose to get the shot or not.

I get offered it through work and never get it. This year when my workmates got it 2 or 3 ended up taking time off the next day or day after because they felt shit. Coincidence, perhaps, but from experience all vaccination jabs have some short term price to pay for taking them. When I had a bunch of jabs before I went to India I ended up sick as hell for a week.

Fact is the majority of seasonal colds you get through winter aren't flu at all.

its retarded how many people dont know the difference between a cold and a flu.

Definitely a conspiracy from the oil companies though tbh.

and i reckon its a hazardous by product that the oil industry is trying to dispose of without having to jump through all the hoops.

"hey, lets just inject it into people"

im sure the board meeting where that decision was made went well.

actually i'm grateful for the extra time off from being a little bit ill so yeah, bring it on!

you wont be saying that if you get the hacktual 'Flu' its not very nice eh..

this is true

last time i had a propper flu i was runnin a mean fever and whenever i was sitting upright for more than about 5mins i started getting dizzy and light headed like i was going to faint.

it sucked eh.. i thought i was dying lol

actually i'm grateful for the extra time off from being a little bit ill so yeah, bring it on!

you wont be saying that if you get the hacktual 'Flu' its not very nice eh..

this is true

last time i had a propper flu i was runnin a mean fever and whenever i was sitting upright for more than about 5mins i started getting dizzy and light headed like i was going to faint.

it sucked eh.. i thought i was dying lol

haha, farout, man i remember when i first moved to Napier, after about 3 months or so i came down with a pretty horrific bout of flu.

didn't leave my bed for about 3 days except for water