Best movies of all time

robyn

Yeah Wolf Creek is mean! Head-on-a-stick scene is just too sick. Most recent horror movies are shit by rule of thumb, but this one sits nicely alongside the O.G Texas Chainsaw Massacre for bringing the vibes!

As for dance-music/scene related films, Talking Headz: The Metalheadz documentary is a must-see. It documents the infamous Blue Notes sessions in London with commentary/interviews from the major-players in regards to how drum'n'bass emerged from hardcore; there's studio tips from Dillinja + Optical; and best of all: Goldie, Source Direct, J Majik, Grooverider etc having a go-kart session whilst blatantly off their tits on pills and coccaine.

The Gallagher brothers/wankers also make an appearance

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 hour Party People... all about the rise and fall of the infamous Factory Records,,,In Manchester, starts on Joy Division ends on the happy mondays The pre-emininent label who created the musical revolution that we all know and love today... a must for any raver or proto raver...

Full of excess and decadence,, the best scene is wen two of the happy mondays are atop a building on E and feed 100 pidgons rat poisen and watch as they die...

Yeah I just watched this last night actually, that scene is fucking funny. Best part of the film for sure. If you didn't know what it is all about and what it all means you'd probably think it was fairly average but since we are not all a bunch of oblivious turd burgling Slinky attending glo-stick wielding culturually deprived waterfront poorags, it gets onto our top movies list. Right Ben?

Grind wrote:

MULHOLLAND DRIVE -DO NOT watch this movie on acid..

Edit::Watch this film on acid..

I knew you would have some tips Control, you always have good movie recommendations at Foci but... due to the state I'm always in when I'm there I can never seem to remember them later on This should be extra true for me tonight since it's my last Soul Science until I'm all patched up...

sweet as soljah g.

hope all goes well .. and get baking them cakes for your stay too they really do help pass the time away in there.

just saw wolf creek today pretty good movie.

Grind, where would one find the talking headz doco. sounds priceless

Hmmm. I borrowed Nick D's VHS copy a while back.. I'm pretty sure there's a few dudes on DOA who were hosting it somewhere for a while, might do a search on the forums there and see if I can find some links to get on the download

Shot Tom. I downloaded and watched the other copy but yeah the end was cut off so I'll give this one a go. A pretty entertaining watch for anyone interested in dnb culture.

I'm sure some of you have already but if not you should go and find the book "All Crews" recently reprinted as "All crews Must Big Up". A very interesting look into the history of our music from the perspectives of dj's, mc's promoters, pirates, and punters from the beginning.

same here, there's one movie which I'm suppose to watch.. apparently "the best movie ever made".. for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, something about drugs...

human traffic is the one mate.

human traffic? best movie ever made?

same here, there's one movie which I'm suppose to watch.. apparently "the best movie ever made".. for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, something about drugs...

Certainly not the best ever made but a bloody entertaining movie. Seen that about 5 or 6 times. "Spliff Politics" -

DUUUUUHHHHHH?????????

nah.

"You approach me in a familiar manner like that again... I'll cut your fucking jacobs off" Bahaha that line still gets me

Hey Redstar,

Is La Haine supposed to be in black and white?

Although I am not the Redstar you refer to, I can safely say this is a colour film Theres another parisian ghetto festival film made in a similar veign(sp?) I would recommend but cant think of the name..

Best movie Ive seen this year so far is: 'V for Vendetta', this week: 'Walk the Line'

Aand my favourite movie of all time is 'Breathless' (1950) Directed by Jean Luc Godard.. yeh this 1 is black and white, chur

Human Traffic is a cool movie. The soundtrack is cool as well, it was the first cd to get me into "that techno music stuff". Far from the best movie of all time though Control! come on! There's so many insanely well made movies out there that shit all over it - A Clockwork Orange, Fight Club, Natural Born Killers, etc. Maybe the best movie about rave culture?