PS3

Hakomi

Yea. Fair comment, the game could have been awesome with some descent AI, less checkpoints and more environmental aspects, but I really think it's a step in the right direction.

The reason I recommend it is more for the immersion than anything else. There were a few times after a blaze where I would play that and actually get lost in the game, spending perhaps 10 minutes sneaking around a base learning the enemy positions and planning an assault. I would imagine that with surround sound and an extremely large screen in that dark room, the immersion would be amplified and would be worth a look. Something about the jungle environment does that for me more than say a spaceship or some other man made structure.

Gotta p5q motherboard, 4 gig ddr2 ram.

Tossin up whether to go with a q9650 cpu with 12mb cache or am i best spititng out coin to go with a i7 920 new mobo/ram, will there be a huge amount of difference with a 920 having the smaller 8mb cache or will the q9650 be close, for heavy games. Currently running a q8200 which is shit house.

Move your PC into the projector room and play Stalker, Mass Effect 1/2, Fallout 3, Dirt 2, Left for Dead 2. I'm playing through half life 2 with the cinematic mod 10 installed and it's fresh as hell.

Give Far Cry 2 a go... if not for the game-play, then for the immersion and eye candy. With your system I reckon you'd almost feel like you're in the jungle. The game can really deliver if you can crank it up.

Yeah I have heard good things about far cry, left for dead etc I still haven't connected the PC to the projector but I should do it soon actually.

So does nobody on here play any Call of duty or Battlefied? Gutted I was keen to have a jam with someone its getting so bloody annoying playing by myself the whole time. None of my mates have PS3's either most have 360.

I always found it way harder to play shooters with a controller. Way more adept with a mouse

Yeah so do most people, I grew up with console gaming so its just what I do.

But unlike most people I don't mind playing both.

Yeah I never finished far cry 2. So much time trudging through the map, fighting the same bots in the same places.

And would it be so hard to include some lions and crocodiles and shit that could actually eat you?

same here bro. farcry 1 was way better in terms of captivating gameplay and storyline. 2 was too repetitive. lookd fukn badass on full graphics tho

hopefully they bring another one out.

Yeah I never finished far cry 2. So much time trudging through the map, fighting the same bots in the same places.

And would it be so hard to include some lions and crocodiles and shit that could actually eat you?

same here bro. farcry 1 was way better in terms of captivating gameplay and storyline. 2 was too repetitive. lookd fukn badass on full graphics tho

hopefully they bring another one out.

Hopefully they learn form their mistake, honestly just having random patrols of rebels cruising along through the jungle rather than them sitting at the same check points (the vehicles patrols were okay) would sort out vast swathes of the boredom issues.

• 3 weeks later...