small hd cameras - sound

zzzp

aite so im after a small camera thatll do high quality film but with good sound.. looking at the go pro hero model from the u.s. , however the sound really sucks, so unless someone knows a good camera thatll shoot quality vid and sound sorta up to the 500 mark, does anyone have suggestions as to how to record quality sound from within a racecar(inside so no wind noise), some sorta recording gadget that i can dub the audio track over the video?

hmmm......

theres lots at surplustroniks that u could get... If your wanting clear audio from inside the car that could be a bit hard as most cams only have max 64bit stereo and will easily over modulate due to wind and engine noise...

Are u doing this for broadcast ? or is it for a you tube type scenario?

Yeh just shoot and record from inside pritty much. Any outside stuff be done from the trackside.

I dont mind having an actual seperate unit to record sound, just want to get it sounding putu as.

You are really limited by your budget man. If you had a more to spend I know of a few decent prosumer type handicams that take an xlr input then I could loan you a radio mic. But thats pretty big dollars.

Other than that its going to be tough to get sound that doesn't clip when you're using those little cheapo HD handicam things. As most of them are very limited in their audio options.

Not too sure about the laptop idea man sorry. What would you use as the actual recorder if you went the laptop way?

Also what program do you have for editing, it can sometimes be a bit of a bitch syncing depending on your various sound/video format, compression etc.

Some editing software won't accept sertain sound/video formats.