Football Fever.

C Steppa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is up with not using video refs?

Not only would it cut out some dodgy onside/offside calls, but it'd cut down on blatant dives and hollywoods at the top level of the game.

Shit like that isn't good for the sport's reputation.

I read somewhere that FIFA's idea was that the same rules for football should be used around the world (ie, if the top level games were going to use video refs then every football match should have them). Other sports seem to get round it fine however...

I have no idea why they haven't brought in the video ref. Possibly its just because there's just a bunch of old men running football, all of them sitting around grumbling about things changing. Anyone actually know why it hasn't happened?

It needs to happen though, i'm sure the whole of england would agree.

Edited by Guest

What the fuck is up with not using video refs?

Not only would it cut out some dodgy onside/offside calls, but it'd cut down on blatant dives and hollywoods at the top level of the game.

Shit like that isn't good for the sport's reputation.

I read somewhere that FIFA's idea was that the same rules for football should be used around the world (ie, if the top level games were going to use video refs then every football match should have them). Other sports seem to get round it fine however...

I've heard all kinds of bs calls from FIFA worrying about it affecting the flow of the game to that call about same rules for every game.

The latter is why FIFA rejected a call a few years back to increase the size of the goals, FIFA didn't want to impact every club/ organisation world wide with the bill of new goal posts.

Now, back to the topic at hand, if the ref's involved weren't so completely inept then it wouldn't be an issue. Same goes for the clowns that let the first Carlos Tevez goal stand this morning.