Generation Kill

thr339z

whos watching this?

me personally I cant get enough , real gritty , contempory steez that absolutely shows the idiotic nature and madd confusion of modern warfare instigated by the imperialist war machine.. set in the early days of the most recent Iraqi incursion "generation Kill" highlights the members of a Recon outfit pushing into and thru The Iraqi Hin"insane and equally gung ho yet , mindless Company leader "captain America"

This show depicts the polarised mix of lower class American troops , Schooled on and in the theatre of death, to Kill everything that moves, yet led blindly in circle against a seemingly imaginary enemy

i give it 10/10 all aspects are slick , the charecters are well delivered and the visual elements are top notch , oh yah

thoughts ? who else is on this mother fucker hu ra!

Loving the series - Definitely the best thing on TV right now.

Great characters, believable too. Shows the aspects and motivation from multiple levels of hierarchy too, which is nice when you generally only get the fight from a single standpoint (usually front-line grunt)

Yeah, only one season. Very gripping.

Makes sense though... it's the same peeps who did The Wire.

So if you're looking for something to follow GK up with because everything else suddenly feels unworthy, I suggest you put aside a weekend and take up The Wire. All 5 seasons.

The Wire. All 5 seasons.

watched all 5 already, wish there were more.

i love the story telling style.. a story doesnt just span 1 episode like the mainstream bullshit crime dramas (ref CSI etc..), not only does it span a whole season, but the entire series.

love it. long, intricate stories FTW

So if you're looking for something to follow GK up with because everything else suddenly feels unworthy, I suggest you put aside a weekend and take up The Wire. All 5 seasons.

That would be a damn intense weekend. I've purposefully spread my Wire out over a whole year. BEST. TV. SHOW. EVER.

That would be a damn intense weekend. I've purposefully spread my Wire out over a whole year. BEST. TV. SHOW. EVER.

God-damnit I'm going to have to buy the box set. or use my monthly cap...

we're oscar mike in five mikes.

is there a season 2 yet of this or just the first one eh?

Based on a book, so only 1 season (7 eps) was made.

the book is called One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick....just finished reading it the other day...

the series is pretty cool but is only based around one or two of the missions that bravo company first recon was involved in during operation iraqi freedom.

you need to read the book to understand what these guys really went through,it was insanely fucked up.

the book is called One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick....just finished reading it the other day...

the series is pretty cool but is only based around one or two of the missions that bravo company first recon was involved in during operation iraqi freedom.

you need to read the book to understand what these guys really went through,it was insanely fucked up.

Chur for that, keen for the book now

Chur for that, keen for the book now

yeah i didnt know it was what they based the series on until halfway through the book when the godfather turns up....

• 4 weeks later...