Intellectualism + dnb

hazel

<t>Is drum and bass a music that stimulates childs brain development on a level comparable with classical? does it hold the key to technological and spiritual harmony for our children?</t>  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is drum and bass a music that stimulates childs brain development on a level comparable with classical? does it hold the key to technological and spiritual harmony for our children?

• Yes, it is equal and may advance our childrens understanding of the creative/spiritual benefits within modern day technology
    • Yes, but I think that the advances you speak of will happen inevitably
    • No, stop being a tripper and get back to the decks Hazel

I absolutely agree with yonder hazel...

When my boy was invitero we played him loads of dnb, (calibre was a fav) and house and jazz and trance and the rest. He used to respond to dnb the most though , Ie moving and kicking etc... After he was born when we used to play the same music (he was tiny at this point) he would open his eyes and look about and try to find the source. Then later he would start kinda wobbling to it and move about ( as he was crawling)

Now when he listens to dub step dnb etc he focus' instantly and starts thinking deeply and drawing or creating and or dancing.. I def belive that dnb/dubstep/house/trance/psy what ever has a fantastically positive effect of children. and yes maybe increases the connections in the brain and creates a more intelligent child over all. But then again genetics and bonding and food play a part as well/ so Im thinking that until my boy is at school and can state his positions properly and succintly the jury is out...

This is a topic I'm quite interested in...

would be worth studying the waveforms of various concerto's/compositions by overlaying them.

I'd say the general structure and harmonic repetition would be very similar, and in fact the tempo and bass waveforms could be very stimulating to a developing/healing mind.

I do notice that listening to DnB while working on code keeps me going late into the night, whether that is that unrelenting brain smash feature of DnB at work, or a higher processing power being stimulated I cannot discern.

One thing I would say is that the frequencies in some of the technically produced/darker genres of DNB could have adverse effects. simply because certain frequencies of resonance produced by these computer generated sounds don't inherit the same qualities to the Octave family, and could cause negative emotive response.

In the case of tracks produced using actual MUSIC(ie; real instruments which create actual Notes and harmonic frequencies)it would surely be beneficial.

link:

QUOTE:It’s been shown that brain waves elicited by particular low frequencies correlate with altered states of consciousness, intense focus, or sleep inducement, says Berger, who can imagine a cheap device that “would simply put out music, or musical rhythms, at particular rates that, when used effectively, would have a therapeutic effect, whether it’s inducing focus or sleep. I see that as one possibility. But are we there yet? Barring FDA approval and all of that, we’re miles away from doing it scientifically.”

http://www.sfcv.org/content/deep-listening-brmusic-our-brains-ourselves

Right, now my attempts at intellect are over, I'm gonna un-mute the old i-tunes.

[/url]

i dont think it will promote intellectualism, but intellectuals are drawn to technical music whether its drum and bass or a classical composition. i think your logic is around the wrong way, drum and bass being the effect not the cause.

I think there is a case for music (in general) and intellectualism.

What you gon' do with all that junk?

All that junk inside your trunk?

I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,

Get you love drunk off my hump.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,

My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps

Genius!

bhaha! im back on the decks.

Only reason I guess is that my girl is two years ahead in her language and motor skills, the university has been testing her from birth. We have had the biggest response from drum and bass when it comes to her being stimulated and she asks for alot of calibre.

i agree on it being a mix up poll and question, but im glad that it trig a response!

thanks for the insight