all bars to close nationwide at 4am under new laws

nzremo1

i realise this idea has been tossed around over the years, but it seems as though it will be coming to fruition soon with the new liquor law reform. is anyone else concerned that raving until 6am will soon be a thing of the past? instead it looks as though it'll be last drinks call about 3:30, at 3:55 you're rounded up and told to leave, and the door's banged shut at 4.

WHAT THE FUCK.

enjoy being able to rock out for a 5am ciggy, and back up for another drink or two until you wander out into the morning air around 6am while you can people. sounds like it won't be long before the streets are filled with drunkards starting shit at 4am, real wise way to deal with a few idiots who can't handle their piss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just over in England & pubs close at 11pm. Bars stay open til 3am & Clubs can stay open til 6am. It's pretty shite when you just want a good night out & you're left walking around Soho trying to get a beer without having to pay £10+ just to get into a bar/club. The streets were packed with people come 3am, didn't see any trouble but I'm sure in the less desirable parts of town there would be an influx around this time.

A 4am blanket cut off is a bit stupid if you ask me. It's needs to have little more flexibility. But still it could be worse.

wouldn't it be by having internationals on later = keep people in the club for longer = more bar sales = more coinage for the club

Open earlier

but then that gives you less time for power drinking before town

Start power drinking at work

wouldn't it be by having internationals on later = keep people in the club for longer = more bar sales = more coinage for the club

Open earlier

but then that gives you less time for power drinking before town

Just drink some woodstocks. oh wait..