all bars to close nationwide at 4am under new laws

nzremo1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha^

Yeah, Was in Tauranga for distance, he played 1 till 3 then it closed! was perfectly fine, and was awake at a reasonable hour the next morning.

Im sick of clubs not getting busy till 12.30 - 1 type shit when people should be like, drinks after dinner, head out at 10 see the DJ at 12 and maybe one support DJ afterward...Im sick of the marathons of standing around with sore legs waiting for the main act to come on and by then I dont have fuck all energy to have a proper dance.

aka moan moan moan

It would be funny to look at the average age of the posters in this thread and then compare it to the average age of the people that actually fill up the clubs these days.

Although I agree with the above sentiments about earlier close, I've had some of the most fun of my life both dancing and playing from 4-6.

I'm not toooo fussed, but I do feel sorry for my almost 17yr old brother.

Infringement of personal freedom is what really annoys me.

Surely, also, the fact that people will all be piling out of the clubs at the same time is going to lead to a spike in violence...

It would be funny to look at the average age of the posters in this thread and then compare it to the average age of the people that actually fill up the clubs these days.

Although I agree with the above sentiments about earlier close, I've had some of the most fun of my life both dancing and playing from 4-6.

perfectly said!

start raving earlier?

I'm down with this. Honestly, main dj's at 12 would be all good.

>>Insert slippers, dressing gown & top shelf scotch jokes here.<<

Yeah, I'm all for taking less drugs.

all of the above earlier imo. in fact, i'm all for the after work scotch, in slippers and dressing gown, maybe fall asleep in lazy boy with blunt in hand, wake up, do other stuff, shuffle over to club in slippers, have a little rave, "maybe go home, have a threesome, have a shower, go out again, have a couple more drugs, more threesomes..." in bed with time to wake up before lunch.

standard practise.

I don't go out anymore, mainly because the main act(s) are on too late (for me) and I'm destroyed on Monday as a result.

Was different when I was a student, but need to perform all day, everyday these days!

I'd be happy with a 11pm-12am main act - would get me at shitloads more gigs & therefore spending way more coin.

Might not make business sense though. Would be keen to hear club / owners / promoters side of the story.

next gig im putting on is gonna be a slipperstep theme.

dressing gowns,jammies,slippers,hot water bottles,cups of horlicks,and lazyboys filling the entire dancefloor......

confirmed on the lineup so far:

nato 6-7pm

sentient 7-8pm

anyone else want the headliner slot?8-9

dressing gowns,jammies,slippers,hot water bottles,cups of horlicks,and lazyboys filling the entire dancefloor......

nato 6-7pm

sentient 7-8pm

I would go to this.

nato 6-7pm

sentient 7-8pm

reminds me of the Safari/Foci days