fuck im sick of this shit......

zeb

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting read, nicely done.

On the brief side of things, I think education extends out to the community in ways which are not just taught in a classroom. For instance parenting, religion, travelling experiences, morals, behaviour... Just because a person attends a school with good funding doesn't mean they are going to be well educated in my opinion.

I'm not trying to say that the Schools are shit or that the problem goes away with better Public Schooling... I guess that's what comes to mind when Education is mentioned, but I really think it's a far greater concept.

Nice read Adam! You managed to keep it coherent and on point despite the epic length What of the differences between pacific islanders from different countries? e.g. Samoans, Tongans, etc?

I met heaps of chilled out non-violent islanders while I was living in Otara back in my MIT days... I guess most of the islanders that make it to somewhere like MIT to get their book thinkings going on are all good, but in general I never really experienced much hate while I was there, and noticed they have a strong religious community in that central part of Otara.

I don't know the history behind any of the pacific islands, but surely the 'fuck the palangi' attitude arose from some genuine oppression at some point in time...

Im fully behind the more CCTV cameras thing to be honest, In London where I'm living they are a godsend, wish they had more tbh.

My girlfriend was robbed at knifepoint just up from our flat a few days ago and if we could have reported it earlier they might have caught him on the cameras near the tube (she couldn't get into the flat, no keys no phone).

NZ is lucky tbh, you might catch a beating every now and then but here it is all ratty wannabe gangster 16 year olds who will spike you over 10 quid.

Im fully behind the more CCTV cameras thing to be honest, In London where I'm living they are a godsend, wish they had more tbh.

My girlfriend was robbed at knifepoint just up from our flat a few days ago and if we could have reported it earlier they might have caught him on the cameras near the tube (she couldn't get into the flat, no keys no phone).

NZ is lucky tbh, you might catch a beating every now and then but here it is all ratty wannabe gangster 16 year olds who will spike you over 10 quid.

Come on mate.. don't you want to be able to smoke weed in public places?

Sucks to hear about Rachel, same thing happened to my cousin's wife over there not long ago..

Tongans with respect to Samoans are sort of like NZ vs Aussies but even more ingrained, but those lines blur a little with each generation that is raised here.

It does all probably stems from the 'hard time' socially the 1st wave of Polynesian immigrants experienced when they got here.

But they sure do have it sweet now. IMO.

Sucks to hear about Rachel, same thing happened to my cousin's wife over there not long ago..

Yeah that's stink, hope she's OK.

from c-steppa

This is the problem. I understand a few of the comments aforementioned are a bit harsh but if you make an observation that is fact you are labelled a racist. I have no prejudice towards any race whatsoever

couldnt agree more. Im not prejudice towards any race. I have gud mates of all colours. All our opinions are formed from previous experiences. i just call it how it is. and arent afraid to speak my mind.

Yeah that's stink, hope she's OK.

Haha yeah shes all good now, the police hooked her up with a free rape horn and victim support. London is pretty dero man, especially catching the night bus you really have to run the gauntlet hard... looking forward to coming back to good ol nz at the end of the year.