Looking for gig buddies! [WGTN]

Kiore

Hey guys! I have a problem; I love drum and bass, but my mates don't - and most of them don't dance either (o/~ cuz your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine..). I have a hard time meeting new people at actual events, so I'm super keen to find some locals who wouldn't mind making a new d&b mate.

Without trying to sound too much like I'm writing a dating site profile I'm 27, female, chilled out (:mrgreen:) and a generally friendly sort. A few drinks (not interested in being coma'd by midnight!), something to get the adrenaline pumping and the eyes bugging, then beats and dancing and a good crew until the sun comes up - that's a keen as night in my books!

Anyone keen on helping out a d&b loner? I'd especially love to meet some other wimmins, but people are people and people are sweet as. Down with having a coffee or drink sometime so you can meet me and determine I'm not an axe murderer/embarrassing to be seen with/deathly boring/etc. :>

Welcome Kiore

Most of the people who read this board are from Auckland to be honest. If you're ever up these ways you'd be more than welcome to come hang out!

The majority of Wellington DNB heads hang out on: bassdrop

I do give a mild warning though. The bassdroppers are a nice enough bunch in real life, but, sometimes they can be jerks on the internet for the sake of having a laugh. If someone pokes fun, just take it as a joke and dont get offended.

Hope you find some friendlys down there!

• 3 weeks later...

Yo yo!

I'm a dnb head from Auckland but am down in Wellington performing in a play at downstage theatre from 30th of October until around December 18th. I know basically no one down in welly and am keen to head to some dnb but kind of have the same problem as you Kiore. Not sure if any of my fellow thesbians in the play will be keen for five hours of sweaty bobbing up and down to loud bass heavy badness... So yeah keen to catch some dnb for sure. If you know of anything dece coming up let me know, or come check out the show i'm in, Apollo 13 Mission Control and come say hi afterwards. I'm a blond dude with glasses ha!

• 2 weeks later...