<t>What do you think of Paul Henry?</t>  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Paul Henry?

• He's a douche bag
    • He's funny but this time he's gone too far
    • He says what we're all thinking
    • I wish I was as empathetic as him
    • He's funny

So, what do you think about him? I usually think that a fair bit of what he does is quite hilarious. He is a douche but thats kind of his thing. Like that whole moustache-gate thing was shallow as fuck but goddamn hilarious.

This latest outburst however i think goes too far. I dont really have any time for racism or racists.

And lets look at the facts, Governor-General Anand Satyanand was born in NZ in the 1940's and has lived here all his life. Paul Henry was born in the 1950's and when he was in his early teens he moved to the UK with his mum for more than a decade.

So really, id have to say, just based on whose spent more time in NZ, Anand Satyanand is in the lead.

Just coz Paul Henry's white doesnt make him any more (or less) of a New Zealander than anyone else who lives here. Which sounds like it is what he was implying. Its not a matter of skin colour.

This is a little excerpt from the NZ Herald this morning:

Last night, TVNZ reported that Henry's on-air remarks had generated a record 600 complaints to the state broadcaster, and had made headline news in India.

By midday yesterday, it was the third most popular story on the Times of India website's world section.

The head of the Broadcasting Standards Authority said Henry's comments had created the biggest "onslaught" of complaints since the last time the broadcaster caused controversy.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he just got way too comfertable in the position he had, I mean up until now TVNZ would have had to have been stupid to let him go for his wee 'controversies', he done fucked up this time though, pushed it to far.

He is a very succesful troll, I find him quite funny, probably quite a racist prick and a complete asshole who could do with a good whack IRL but on TV he's good value I reckon.

Still haven't seen the clip yet.

I think he just got way too comfertable in the position he had, I mean up until now TVNZ would have had to have been stupid to let him go for his wee 'controversies', he done fucked up this time though, pushed it to far.

He is a very succesful troll, I find him quite funny, probably quite a racist prick and a complete asshole who could do with a good whack IRL but on TV he's good value I reckon.

Still haven't seen the clip yet.

I agree, he's a great troll for TV, but most likely a douchebag in RL. I heard on the news this morning he's be sacked, hmmm that's a little OTT. The blatant racist remarks were taken too far, but making fun of that Indian lady whose name is spelled "Dikshit" come on, YOUR NAME IS DICK SHIT, EVERYONE IS THINKING THIS. TVNZ is backwards on so many levels.

GO PAUL HENRY~!

Yeah a bit of a douche, I think the thing about him that pisses me of about him is how unsophisticated his style of humour is. Yes Dikshit is a funny name but we don't need his inane cackling to "get it" do we?

I think insulting people for a laugh is only funny if the person you're insulting is in a powerful position and your taking them down a peg in an amusing way, celebrities and politicians etc are fair game imo but picking on some random green-peace woman with a moustache is an incredibly soft target which is why I didn't really find that one funny either.

I do lol at him a lot though because he is such an unbelievable nob, it kind of keeps you in suspense wondering how he is going to put his foot in his mouth next. I have to concede that makes good television, kind of like how its fun to laugh at people making dicks of themselves on various reality shows.