UFC

Dapht1

Anyone on here into it? I know a few of you are - Future One, Stature, Fraser S, Infamy, Riot Boy, Twincam Im looking at you!

Ive been getting Juice Bar / Windsor Castle to put it on the big screen the last few months, helping them promote it etc.

Usually get 80-150 people turning up, is a great way to watch it and likely cheaper overall too as costs $25 to watch it on PPV and thats if you have Sky.

Juice Bar couldnt do it this Sunday as they were pre booked and since its the Heavyweight belt up for grabs (Lesnar Vs. Velasquez) Ive arranged for The Kingslander to show it upstairs in their Loft Bar.

The 'Ground N Pound' facebook group with info on this Sunday and forthcoming events can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ground-N-Pound/126131997412013

Could be keen to check this out, provided I'm still alive.

For my part I'll have a modest tab to get thru..

If I hit soldier mode I'll be attending the Burlesque Festival After Party at Mudbrick Vineyard on Waiheke later in the evening

shot for putting this on baz. I had a good time down at the kingslander. The main event was pretty short lived, but the dude got his ass handed to him royally.

good watch

Chur!

Was happy with the turn out, around 80 people by my count, good to see a few familiar faces too!

They happen every 3 to 4 weeks. Next one I'll prob run at Juice Bar and Kingslander Loft and see how that goes. Playstation are getting involved with the Juice Bar one too, giving away a PS3 apparently.

Here's some info on the next few..

Sun, 21 Nov. UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida - Aussie George Sotiropoulos is also appearing in the main card. Approx. 4pm start

Sun, 12 Dec. UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2 - The two coaches from the current season of Ultimate Fighter square off, plenty of hype around this one.

Sun, 2 Jan. UFC 125: Resolution - Edgar vs. Maynard - Lightweight Championship bout

Sun, 6 Feb. UFC 126: - Silva vs. Belfort - Waitangi Day - Middleweight Champion Silva is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC.

Good work putting these on bro, glad to see there's somewhere to catch UFC now for us paupers with no sky (but beer money )

Missed last weekend but will definitely be along to as many as possible.

Sweet as yeah pretty sure I invited you on friend book, if you are the Robyn Im thinking

Im one of those paupers myself lol

• 2 weeks later...

So I started a new group for UFC events at Kingslander. New groups on FB are a bit strange, you can add people etc without them clicking join? Anyways info on UFC 123 at Kingslander below. Also showing it at Juice Bar just getting poster ok'd as has Playstation logos etc on it.

UFCNZ are proud to bring you UFC#123 ‘JACKSON Vs. MACHIDA’

Live and Free at The Kingslander Loft Bar, Kingsland, Auckland.

Main Event:

✖ Light Heavyweight battle: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida (Brazil)

Background:

Quinton Jackson, a former Light Heavyweight champion, lost his last UFC fight to Rashad Evans by unanimous decision. The winner of that fight was confirmed to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in his first title defense.

Lyoto Machida has beaten Evans in the past and is looking for the chance to fight current Light Heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua after he controversially lost to him 48-47 at UFC 104 (2009). Machida also lost the rematch to Rua at UFC 113 (2010).

Co-Main Event:

✖ Welterweight battle: Matt Hughes (USA) vs. B.J. “The Prodigy” Penn (USA)

Background:

Penn submitted Hughes in UFC 46 (2004) to take the Welterweight belt. They had a rematch at UFC 63 (2006) in which Hughes won by TKO. This will be the third time the pair has squared off in the octagon.

Main card:

✖ Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris (USA) vs. Maiquel Falcão (Brazil)

✖ Light Heavyweight bout: Phil Davis (USA) vs. Tim Boetsch (USA)

✖ Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos (Australia) vs. Joe Lauzon (USA)

Facebook event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110288245704063

UFCNZ - UFC Fans of NZ Group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_163113943728127

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...