Something(s) people don't know about you...

Known One

Before I moved to Auckland, I didn't know what drum n bass was.

I have six half sisters, the eldest being 34, the youngest being 7. I also have a half brother who is 9, and another half brother that I'm not supposed to know about.

When I was four I lost most of my hearing in my right ear from getting the mumps.

I was born in Kaitaia.

When I was 2 or 3, a crazy man called the devil into our house (also in kaitaia) and until my mum had the local minister come in and settle the house i couldnt walk out into wide open space without seeing wild animals stampeding at me out of a manhole, sort of like Jumanji.

I got snapped for tampering with my licence at a Danger Danger (whangarei) and had to pay $200 to victim support to avoid a criminal conviction.

I could read and write before i started school.

I was put up a year in school, didn't do Std 4.

At my 7th form after ball I gave out condoms, and was affectionately known as 'the condom girl' (First time in years that the Family Planning Nurse didn't have to give any Emergency Contraception after the ball)

Ah, that's all I can think of right now.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I were arrested last year because we got extremely drunk and ended up ringing Mc cains food between 4 and 5 in the morning to complain about thier shitty frozen box meals. We left about 5 different messages in an hour (and dont remember doing it) We got off on diversion but the charges were offensive use of a telelphone and threatening behaviour. I told 'sandy' on her voicemail that she could get cancer from eating GE food - that was supposed to be the threat LOL

'Sandy' told the police she needed councelling after our calls, but when they played the tape to me all i heard was myself singing "oh sandy" from the movie grease.

We had to pay Sandy $200 each, and another $200 to charity. All the police could do was laugh at the tape.

Ohhhhh I got one:

Me and a group of mates once owed Taxi Co-Op (300 3000) about $5 grand

Had to visit their seedy offices for a meeting with them and a cop..

We were offered the chance to pay it back under the table, or face them in court under fraud charges and lose our diversion etc

Naturally, we took the dodgy under-the-table offer.. and managed to sort out most of the money via legitimate business methods. By legitimate, I mean 'illegal'

In a spectacular twist of fate, served up with a good dose of irony, the board of Taxi Co-Op were found guilty of some dodgy fraud stuff themselves.. and we never heard back from them again.

Gangsta shit fo' real.. pretty corrupt really

All this was collectively known as 'The Eddie McLaughlin Fund' .. the legacy lives on.

Ohhhhh I got one:

Me and a group of mates once owed Taxi Co-Op (300 3000) about $5 grand

Had to visit their seedy offices for a meeting with them and a cop..

We were offered the chance to pay it back under the table, or face them in court under fraud charges and lose our diversion etc

Naturally, we took the dodgy under-the-table offer.. and managed to sort out most of the money via legitimate business methods. By legitimate, I mean 'illegal'

In a spectacular twist of fate, served up with a good does of irony, the board of Taxi Co-Op were found guilty of some dodgy fraud stuff themselves.. and we never heard back from them again.

Gangsta shit fo' real

All this was collectively known as 'The Eddie McLaughlin Fund' .. the legacy lives on.

Dude, I remember that shit. That was goin on while we were in highschool right?

Yeah man. 7th form. We were just the unfortunate scapegoats of the whole thing; there was probably about 50+ people who raxed up the huge bill in the first place..

Should probably cool it on the fine print being a public forum i guess, heh..

I was born in Kaitaia.

I was born in Kaitaia too, who's your family up there?

Mine are the Hewitt's and the Kitchen's...

Haha, I know a couple of Kitchen's, well I did when I was little, My sister's mum worked with them I think.

My family.. well my dad is Julius Ah Sam, he owns and runs Kaitaia Radiators, and my sister and her mum now own and run what was McCullochs and is now Dawn till Dusk Fashion.

Also the Beckhams (On my mums side).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a phobia of worms!

I want to own two giraffs

I want to have the dosh to open education centres/community centres in 3rd world countries and provide free education to all ages that do not have the luxury of knowing the basics of life.

I want to own a aston martin vanquish v12 yummmmmmmmmmmmmy in gun metal grey

I have two guinea piggies Squeak and Sprout

some shit you just didnt know.....

1) Im not actualy a Dr

2) Im Rad

3) I go to AuT doing a BCIS

4) The First drum and bass song i heard was somthing of Ed Rush and Opticals Wormhole EP (im looking for it in CD format and i cant find it >_< if anyone has it i'll buy it off you)

5) Im Single

6) Im new here

7) I live on the North Shore (on the outskirts of beachaven btw)

untill i was 9 i lived in Malaysia although i was born in NZ

9) i have been bitten by a snake before

10) i have been bitten by a monkey before

11) Right now im listing to Amits new album on a comp at uni. its somewhat awesome.

Hey Dr Awesome, did you go to school on the Shore?

I did a stint at Birkenhead College (3rd - 5th form) and at one time did infact live on the outskirts of Beachaven myself (don't know anyone that admits to actually living in the haven)

And since I find myself in this thread once more I better add something else that peeps don't know about me...

I have a kick-ass super-fearless chinchilla. His name is... Chinny (original I know - aka The Dreaded Rat-Squirrel of the Night) and he is not afraid to take on any other animal even if they are several times his size and much better equipped for battle.

That is all for now.

Hey Dr Awesome, did you go to school on the Shore?

Yeah i went to Kauri Park Primary, Birkdale Intermediate and then Northcote College

from what i heard birkenhead was a bit of a shitwhole as everyone had to be cool and whatnot (not to mention i was located in the haven and called birkenhead)

and i live in mariners cove(of Hadfeild if you know where that is): (brigantine dr ftw') so i realy DO live on the outskirts of the haven.

still i can make up shit about living in a ghetto and whatnot

from what i heard birkenhead was a bit of a shitwhole as everyone had to be cool and whatnot (not to mention i was located in the haven and called birkenhead)

I thought that was the whole point of mainstream education, to scar the youth with the eternal quest to be cooler than everyone else but at the same time not be so cool that you actually (gasp!) stand out.

But seriously now, didn't have that much fun at Birkenhead college myself - was always a bit weirder than most of the other cats in my year and found them to be a little dull by comparison and also struggled with the supposed structure of mainstream high school bollox. Like how the way you wear your hair/socks is supposed to affect your learning ability.

Alternative education FTW!! (oh wait - Trevor Mallard closed all the alternative schools down )

I went to Birkdale Int in form 2 and used to live on McGlashen Pl, right next door to Kauri Park Primary.

what timeframe where you at birkdale and kauri park?

and yes the new zealand education system is somewhat fucked (i would know: ived been through special needs and various other agencys such as RTLB and some otherones (i got me a laptop through the govt, can rember what the quasi govt agency was called who sorted it out though)

I only moved to Auckland when I was 11 so didn't go to primary here, and buggered if I can remember what year it was that I was at Birkdale but I'm 23 (for about 3 more weeks)

Luckily there are people like Sentient that will soon be entering the folds of the education system to provide a glimmer of hope to students of the future

HAHA! Another thread successfully hijacked