Nice Indian Restaurant?

Pakage

Bollywood are scumbags, stay away from any restaurants called "Masala" also.

Oh calcutta looks dope but never eaten there, Little India is nice food but kinda boring dining room/not much atmosphere for romantical shit there.

Masala that used to be on Ponsonby road was sweet as. But then they opened 'M' on Richmond road and that was some of the worst Indian food I've ever eaten.

I have to say that I think Satya has a really nice atmosphere and may not be super flash but it's a pretty cool place to take a date!

One other Indian restaurant to try is Saffron on Ponsonby road. Not for a date as it's really basic décor but good food!

Where was the Masala on ponsonby road?

Masala is a chain that owns Bollywood, and owned the MKOP restaurants that used to be in Mission Bay and Albany.

The owner has several different companies, to dodge bills...she signs contracts under many different names, is being chased by many debt collection agencies, they owe money and are on stop credit to just about any supplier in Auckland you can think of that an Indian Restaurant would need, most people wont go near them unless its cash payment on the spot for G&S.

Not only that but with one of the restaurants there was a case that went to court involving the owner/managers holding the chefs passports as ransom for them to work for peanuts making your butter chicken, one of the Chefs fled Auckland to get out..they often slept in the kitchen.

This company/ies owns Masala in titirangi (previously named Barossa)

Masalas in Mission bay, Papakura, Stanmore Bay and Birkenhead and of course, Bollywood in Ponsonby.

This may give you some idea as to how they pull off the 10 dollar deal at all the restaurants..I advise to stay away from these places!

True story bro.

Oh calcutta looks dope but never eaten there, Little India is nice food but kinda boring dining room/not much atmosphere for romantical shit there.

Masala that used to be on Ponsonby road was sweet as. But then they opened 'M' on Richmond road and that was some of the worst Indian food I've ever eaten.

I ate at M a few times and thought it was OK.

It was the tapas kinda place right?

I have to say that I think Satya has a really nice atmosphere and may not be super flash but it's a pretty cool place to take a date!

One other Indian restaurant to try is Saffron on Ponsonby road. Not for a date as it's really basic décor but good food!

Where was the Masala on ponsonby road?

Masala is a chain that owns Bollywood, and owned the MKOP restaurants that used to be in Mission Bay and Albany.

The owner has several different companies, to dodge bills...she signs contracts under many different names, is being chased by many debt collection agencies, they owe money and are on stop credit to just about any supplier in Auckland you can think of that an Indian Restaurant would need, most people wont go near them unless its cash payment on the spot for G&S.

Not only that but with one of the restaurants there was a case that went to court involving the owner/managers holding the chefs passports as ransom for them to work for peanuts making your butter chicken, one of the Chefs fled Auckland to get out..they often slept in the kitchen.

This company/ies owns Masala in titirangi (previously named Barossa)

Masalas in Mission bay, Papakura, Stanmore Bay and Birkenhead and of course, Bollywood in Ponsonby.

This may give you some idea as to how they pull off the 10 dollar deal at all the restaurants..I advise to stay away from these places!

True story bro.

It was where Zambezi is now. Across the road from the fire station.

It closed down ages ago (maybe 5 years ago?) so it's possible that it's not the same place.

I ate at M a few times and thought it was OK.

It was the tapas kinda place right?

yep thats the place

The food at Aroma in Castor Bay is fucken awesome, but the surroundings aren't that intimate. And don't ask for hot unless you're of Indian descent.

Some of the best Indian I've eaten and they have quality service, plus their actually nice people.