whats your?

thr339z

Ok now its all been well etablished that we all like music....

am I correct?

Ok so tell me what your "im feeling really shit today music ", is.

As in those times that your all down and feeling poos.. do you listen to music at these times and if so what is your fav...

Right NOW,,,mine is Gabriel and Dresden,,,

bullets:calibre

anything by Lamb.

Massive Attack :blue lines.

Dj Spooky

(sorry im feeling highy angsty today)

feeling all down and shit and feeling angsty are 2 different moods

when im down

fly my preties cds

sublime - sublime

clapton - unplugged

when im feeling the angst

Pantera - Trendkill

or

Noisia DOA mix

go the trendkill yo! theres nothing better than smashing something up or putting fists through walls to the tune of sandblasted skin or the underground in america if your fuckin pissed off eh!! And possibly some rage against the machine.. or some dark hip hop.. like ill bill and necro and even just some of dre and eminems shit!!

and if im sad its more pantera:

cemetery gates, suicide note part 2..

or some down, or tool..

but really.. no matter my mood i usually listen to dnb these days.. i hate to put myself in a box, and im really not try to. And definately not doing it to be a genre supremesist.. but its like its coursing through my veins at teh moment!!

Beth Gibbons (portishead singer)- out of season

Led Zeppelin- havent decided which album

Bjork- vespertine

Radiohead- Kid A

Leonard Cohen

Rolling Stones- Black and Blue

Simon and Gurfunkle- bridge over troubled water

okay thats enough

If I'm feeling down and out I usually listen to anything by tool, and often portishead too. Sometimes the doors.

As for the boy, I probably wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to come out either in the crispiness of winter - quite the contrast to the cosy environment he is currently enjoying... but I bet it's worse than being 5 and waiting for christmas

His voice is just so great. I think I could enjoy listening to Nick Cave reading out the manual for a toaster-oven.

Radiohead seems a popular choice to feed the grey-mood gargoyles. I've got Rabbit In Your headlights on loop today, it's by UNKLE not radiohead, but the vocals are done by Thom Yorke. I love the sample too. Does anyone know where it's from?

if nick cave was my father he would still be reading me bed time stories.

im actually on the 2nd track of thom yorkes new album as i type.. sounds very very good so far. know it wil be.

I didn't even know he had a new album. What's it called? Will it be easy enough to get hold of -ie sounds? Or will I have to venture a little further afield?

its called 'The Eraser'. its not actually released yet my flat mate just downloaded it from the net. its released sometime this month i think.. i just pre ordered it from amazon, but im sure sounds will get it.

Napalm Death 24/7

lolz

old skool

ahh the ol napalm death. the memories

did you guys see Nick Cave and the Bad seeds at the BDO a few years ago?

man that was some inspirational shit

Whilst singing "stagger lee" Mr Cave would Hurl him self into the air and land on his knees on the stage every time he screamed, "stagger Lee"

fantastic...

man I love that song

It's weird, I listen to so much music but I never think "oh i'm sad i'll stick on this" or whatever.. not knowingly anyways.... I do like a lot of dark sounding music, but I listen to it when I'm happy as well...

The angriest music I like is probably this band AGOROPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, check them out if you can, just a 2-piece grindcore/hardcore/noise outfit consisting of guitar, drum machine and vox, really awesome cynical / anti-social / misanthropic lyrics, good times

Also agree with PAKAGE on 'Great Southern Trendkill' - probably my fave Pantera album!

I hardly ever listen to melancholic shit anymore... I mean, I love those kinds of songs but I there's rarely a time when I actually want to feel sad and introspective, let alone wallow in it for longer than I have to. If I'm already feeling down I'll crank some chunky-ass DnB that has a real "Fuck yeah bitch!" vibe to help pull me out of it. Usually it's Noisia or Teebee or Bad Company or Dillinja.

However, if I ever wanted to deliberately make myself feel like curling up on the floor weeping into the carpet, I'd kick it off with the good ol' Radiohead; particularly ditties like Pyramid Song, Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit.

I hardly ever listen to melancholic shit anymore... I mean, I love those kinds of songs but I there's rarely a time when I actually want to feel sad and introspective, let alone wallow in it for longer than I have to. If I'm already feeling down I'll crank some chunky-ass DnB that has a real "Fuck yeah bitch!" vibe to help pull me out of it. Usually it's Noisia or Teebee or Bad Company or Dillinja.

However, if I ever wanted to deliberately make myself feel like curling up on the floor weeping into the carpet, I'd kick it off with the good ol' Radiohead; particularly ditties like Pyramid Song, Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit.

I wouldn't say that listening to Radiohead and the like makes me feel sad, it probably accomodates wallowing- if you're that way inclined but generally I listen to music that mirrors my mood. If I'm sad listening to down-beat music it makes me feel better, not worse. I love music so much, it's like talking to a friend, except they do all the talking - the melody speaks comfort in a tone that resonates with my mood. It's empathy that you can acccept when everyone else sucks (I'm a teenager, it's my divine right to be this angsty at times).

I reckon Atari Teenage Riot are pretty good for being mad to. D'n'b is so versatile, there are tunes for any place on the emotional spectrum, sad-mad-glad, whatever.

muhauhah, atari teenage riot!

i saw them live at BDO one year! that was pretty crazy! heard a couple of cool collabs they did with slayer, but only a few of their own tunes

ahhh ATR @ the big day out....

most savage pit ever... except fer sepultura where I had screws in my steal caps, and barbed wire in my back dreads,,,blood flowed on that night

yes I love ATR

DESTROY 2000 (and 6) YEARS OF CULTURE

have you guys heard any of Alec Empires solo shit?

thats hard core man!

hehehehehe

most savage pit ever... except fer sepultura where I had screws in my steal caps, and barbed wire in my back dreads,,,blood flowed on that night

If i saw someone dressed like that at a concert I'd do my best to cause them as much pain as possible. Sometimes I have to wonder aye

Aren't mosh pits savage enough already? Mind you, I might not be above a well-concealed tazer At five-foot-fuck-all I tend to steer clear of mosh pits (I'm not big on facial-elbow-interaction).