whats your?

thr339z

• 4 weeks later...

Boards of canada, it sets me in a retropective transient outlook where fuck all can get to me.

Blind melon. yeah! shannon hoon R.I.P.

Led Zepp. Marley. Tribe called Quest.

will always get my dancing shoes back on.

The angriest music I like is probably this band AGOROPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, check them out if you can, just a 2-piece grindcore/hardcore/noise outfit consisting of guitar, drum machine and vox, really awesome cynical / anti-social / misanthropic lyrics, good times

agreed there pat. my fav mega-aggro metal bands: Nasum (Swedish 2-piece political-grindcore, unfornunately one member died in the boxing day tsunami )

and Soilent Green (a bunch of dero New Orleans Pantera-affiliated misanthropes who like their guitars swampishly sludgy).

obviously pantera (TGSTK is my fav too), slayer, OLD metallica etc.. are all good for a bit of steam-venting

i don't listen to any of these guys as much as i used to. i've somewhat outgrown my teen angst

in terms of the melancholy:

at the moment,

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind has some nice emo stuff ("Lonely Day" is a great song), also a bit of Cat Stevens ("Father and Son"; a true classic), um... Nirvana Unplugged in New York, Massive Attack, Portishead, Fly My Pretties, Neil Young, Nick Cave, Pink Floyd

T00L and quality dnb are good for all seasons

most savage pit ever... except fer sepultura where I had screws in my steal caps, and barbed wire in my back dreads,,,blood flowed on that night

Wtf.. Poor form man.. that's rough. :|

yea pits were then....

pits were places hard core especially punk and metal

I went to a fugazi concert once and peeps were doing flying kiks on each other , and they were mates

At the said sepultura concert... I was one of the smallest peeps...

at one stage I was surrounded by some huge ass gangstas.. not hip hop gangstas,, but bogan gangstas big moari guys, and lets jus say that they wernt abiding by and peaceful concert actions.

i can see how what i said would shock and offend...

but that was the reality of pits, they were all out war zones

the nineties were hard dark and strange,

um most stuff by Fat Freddy's

Naked Leaves by Coldcut

The Crow by DJ Food (I think thats what its called: TBC)

Cinematic Orchestra - Every Day [most of the album]

Agree with Redstar on lamb too - just listened to their back to mine mix the other day its real good.

Yeah if I'm angry-sad then something like Counterstrike, Spore, Evol Intent, Noisia, Dom & Roland, Sepultura

I'd say ethereal is a good characterisation. Goes perfectly with Sunday morning doobie and 'romance'.

I find a little too low key for, ahem, romance. Personally I prefer something a little faster/more intense. Also I find it does depress me on Sunday morning, but Sunday evening is all about the black mood (in anticipation of an early start & staff meeting come Monday morning)

I know none of you bastards are going to go out of your way to find any of the shit I suggested so..... I present to you:

The Perceptual Chaos Emo Quasi-Mix

I called it a quasi-mix for two reasons

a) I mixed it on the computer

b) my mixing is crapper than crap

but ignoring that, the tunes are good I reckon

track list:

Radiohead - Street Spirit

Cinematic Orchestra feat Roots Manuva - All things to all men

DJ Food - The Crow

DJ Shadow - What does your soul look like pt 2

Massive Attack & Portishead - Teardrop

Coldcut (Eva Cassidy) - Autumn Leaves

DJ Food - Spiral

DJ Krush - Beyond raging waves

Theory - Find Peace

Noisia - The Distance

Fat Freddy's Drop - Hope

48min 160kbps mp3 - 55MB or you can try here if that doesn't work

The angriest music I like is probably this band AGOROPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, check them out if you can, just a 2-piece grindcore/hardcore/noise outfit consisting of guitar, drum machine and vox, really awesome cynical / anti-social / misanthropic lyrics, good times

agreed there pat. my fav mega-aggro metal bands: Nasum (Swedish 2-piece political-grindcore, unfornunately one member died in the boxing day tsunami )

and Soilent Green (a bunch of dero New Orleans Pantera-affiliated misanthropes who like their guitars swampishly sludgy).

yeah man, NASUM are the shit, as are Soilent Green- might have to dig up those CDs tonight and get my aggro on