Coolest bird ever!!

Future One

Imagine having one of the birds as a pet - it could learn your doorbell sound, your home phone ring, maybe even your cell tone. it'd drive me mental. When I was little we had a Rainbow Parakeet that did a very convincing impression of the home phone. It was pretty vicious and Dad hated it. I only realised the other day that it probably didn't actually 'go on holiday to Uncle Phil's farm'.

I want a takahe. Those things rule. There are only 259 left, at last count, but it would still be awesome. You wouldn't need a dog. Adults get to about 50cm tall and they weigh around 3kg. They're pretty scary. I wouldn't mess with a guard-takahe.

I only realised the other day that it probably didn't actually 'go on holiday to Uncle Phil's farm'.

Rofl - gotta love how parent do that.

I want a takahe. Those things rule. There are only 259 left, at last count, but it would still be awesome. You wouldn't need a dog. Adults get to about 50cm tall and they weigh around 3kg. They're pretty scary. I wouldn't mess with a guard-takahe.

I dunno, a group of Guard-Keas could probably rip a mans fleh clean from the bone in a few minutes =)