track/drift rape.

zzzp

yea... that Camaro was stepping out quite a lot... which is weird... you would think that with a smoother power curve and those massive rubbers he would have had it under control. Not to mention you were on cold tires when you took him.

I think he probably didn't want to get into a ball size competition in his baby against a madman fenging a Japanese car round the track.

yea... that Camaro was stepping out quite a lot... which is weird... you would think that with a smoother power curve and those massive rubbers he would have had it under control. Not to mention you were on cold tires when you took him.

Yep youd think so, not to sure what was going on there. Naturally aspirated are definatly more suited to track racing with their nice power curves but turbos are cheap power as ya know , just takes abit to get the power down . Ive got a feeling theyve changed something in their setup as ive seen that car being raced before and was quite competitive.

Now just need to find some sponsors to get into proper drift/racing competitions, fingers crossed.

Yep youd think so, not to sure what was going on there. Naturally aspirated are definatly more suited to track racing with their nice power curves but turbos are cheap power as ya know , just takes abit to get the power down . Ive got a feeling theyve changed something in their setup as ive seen that car being raced before and was quite competitive.

Now just need to find some sponsors to get into proper drift/racing competitions, fingers crossed.

what kind of sponsors you looking for bro? my old man 'knows people' in the motosport 'industry'

ideally anyone who wants to advertise on me car in exchange for race entries / tires for drift / parts / cash sorta thing . with the right money i could easy compete d1, qualified back in 2006 for it in a far lesser car, but always hard to get people on board, alot of people out there trying to do the same shit as me . cheers!

as for getting sponsors zak,ive been through this with skateboarding and obviously the money and needs between skating and motorsports are completely different but the best way is to show potential sponsors that you have something different to offer than everyone else out there or just be better than everyone else that they hookup.

make a "sponsor me" tape with only your best footage even if its short.

let them know that your serious and your not just trying to scam free shit.

enter every competition that you can and bust your ass.

be professional even if your not.(yet)

mad mike is a perfect example of what a bit of hard work and dedication can do.here is his story:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/09/20/interview-gt-gt-mad-mike-s-style.aspx

ive had the pleasure of knowing mike for some years through mutual friends and also when we both competed at x-air so i know how hard he worked to get where he is....dont believe anyone that says he had rich parents that paid for him to do this cos he didnt.

good luck with it though zakk.keep shredding....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...