the now playing continuation

Dold

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

break and silent witness - psychic killer

(anyone know where i can get this on vinyl?)

only chance is 2nd hand bro, as it's out of press now. i remember trying to get hold of it a while back...

EDIT: as for me i'm just listening to some clips off chemical records.. MISTICAL - Memory Jog - tune!

blindspott - coma.

was not a fan of the first album, and really aint a fan now.

but ill give credit wheres it due, its a good album, and not too nu-metally at all.

ill prepare for the abuse now ....

lol.. hell no bro.. we aint like that aye

ill bust some pantera, rage against the machine, some rando cypress and busta rhymes.. hell even some system of a down and stranger things at times... we aint the judge.. music is for you and no one else..

cept if your one of those house fags

blindspott - coma.

was not a fan of the first album, and really aint a fan now.

but ill give credit wheres it due, its a good album, and not too nu-metally at all.

ill prepare for the abuse now ....

I'm listening to the same album - Just Know.

I was startled to find such a very sweet song on this album. I guess Love has become a much bigger part of the lyricists life of late. I like this song. I liked the scratch artist in the first album, it was interesting, the first album was a bit angrier too.

the first album was a bit too 'bandwagony' for me. which is why it never appealed to me.

metal was me for years, used to 'select' (playing cds isnt really djing) at bob and at papa jacks i was resident there for 3 or so years. when their first album came out it just sounded like everything else that had become popular around that time.

the new one is definetly a lot more 'mature'

the first album was a bit too 'bandwagony' for me. which is why it never appealed to me.

metal was me for years, used to 'select' (playing cds isnt really djing) at bob and at papa jacks i was resident there for 3 or so years. when their first album came out it just sounded like everything else that had become popular around that time.

the new one is definetly a lot more 'mature'

I'd agree with that. I think I was intermediate when their first album came out and at the time, in terms of music, all my taste was in my mouth. I wouldn't class myself a Blindspot fan but I'm listening to this album (and over and over). I think I might get diabetes if I listen to Just Know too many more times though.

By the way, what is Bob and Papa Jacks? Maybe that's a dumb question to ask but I've never heard of it.

bob was the best goddamn bar this side of umm somewhere.

it was part of de bretts on high street in the early to mid 90s.

papa jacks was another bar on vulcan lane in late 90s till last year.

...they were for the rock kids, except bob was better cos it was going when there was good rock around ie soundgarden etc

gawd damn... popa jacks... that place took a downward turn imo...

can barely recall some extreamly intoxicated nights at that place.... nights where the floor was covered in still standing bodies right up untill the general intoxication level reached a sufficient level where it exploded into a drunken pit of sweaty slappers... ahh good times.

Madz, you weren't missing much from my perspective... although I didn't go to many metal nights there. Mostly chart topping rock/pop and some mainstream metal... some wicked tuneage though

While I'm here... Salmonella Dub - Mercy

voodoo lounge

no offence to anyone that likes his steez.. but it all turned to shit when bomber from channel z was the main selector on a saturday night IMO...

with his big dumb sign up near the dj booth "NO RE-FUCKING-QUESTS"

quit it with the cheeze dick skater punk already.....

:|

hah i was at papa jacks from 97-2000 well before bomber, my friend leon took over after me.

there were a few reasons i left, but the main was the trend in rock music became horrible, and sadly the kids there liked it.

police lucipher and product in 99 was one of my favourite nights there.

two of the best bands to come from this country imo

boh selecta!

go winamp you ledgend..

on shuffle, with over 1200 hiphop, dnb and metal tunes on it, and up comes:

Bad Robot - Chocolate Candy

goddam i love that tune.. wicked drumming, pretty basic bassline and that, but dope dope dope dope!

:drogar-headphones(dbg):

At the moment Im listening to quite a bit of Jurassic 5, I love those dudes.

And Moloko - Fun for me. One of my favourite tunes ever which I have just rediscovered after years of neglect.

And for driving at the moment its Mickey Finn and Aphrodite - The Takeover Bid. The first international DnB gig I ever went to was Mickey Finn at Normanby Rd, it was also about the second time I took e and there was an MC in a bear suit which I remembered a few days later and was too scared to ask anyone if it was for real just in case I imagined the whole thing. For the record it actually was true - obviously minus the bear head when he was on the mic...