Battlefield 3

Pakage

<t>Which series is better?</t>  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which series is better?

• Battlefield
    • Call of Duty

Full Length (12 Minute) "Fault Line" Gameplay Trailer

All i can say is holy shit. This looks like the most intense / realistic game yet.

Definitely on my shopping list.

Pop it full screen on 720p for best results

Edited by Guest

from the bf3 website.

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Dual Core

Memory: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version

Video Memory: 256 MB

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 10

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quadcore Processor

Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version

Video Memory: 512 MB

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 11

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

hmm, maybe not actually, might just upgrade.

Nato (or anyone else), can you tell me why these 2 cards are the same price but ones 1GB and ones 2GB??

XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB - $449

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 1GB - $449

Might just sell mine and get a 2 x 2GB crossfire card setup since buying a 2nd one of my card would cost about the same as buying one with twice the memory.

hmm, maybe not actually, might just upgrade.

Nato (or anyone else), can you tell me why these 2 cards are the same price but ones 1GB and ones 2GB??

XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB - $449

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 1GB - $449

Might just sell mine and get a 2 x 2GB crossfire card setup since buying a 2nd one of my card would cost about the same as buying one with twice the memory.

You don't want those cards man. It's not all about amount of memory. Your 5870 is faster than a 6950 in some titles so it isn't really a big step up, and at 1920x1200 in most modern games video memory isn't the limiting factor, it's raw processing power. You'd be moving from a high end last gen card to a middle of the road current gen card and not really getting a worthwhile improvement.

For this generation I'd go for nVidia anyway. What I'd really recommend though for this gen is SLI'd 570's. They are cooler and quieter than the amd's, considerably faster and only marginally more expensive.

But anyway, don't buy anything now planning for BF3. It's not out for a while and there will be more cards out before then.

FPS on consoles =

It's all about what you're used to, get over it.

Fact: Console Gaming is holding back Game Tech.

and a mouse can aim way faster

Please show me evidence of this fact.

Some people like one some people like the other, not sure why people get so worked up about it.

They both have positives and negatives and are made for different groups of people.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/04/dice-consoles-are-holding-pc-games-back/

DICE: Consoles are holding PC games back

DICE has always stressed that the main platform for Battlefield 3 is the PC, which will also get some exclusive features, most notably 64 player support (as opposed to only 24 for consoles). In one of his many recent interviews, this time with Nvidia fan site GeForce, DICE executive producer Patrick Bach responded to a question regarding PC versus consoles, and it was clear that Bach and DICE are in favor on PCs at this point.

Asked specifically whether he feels if consoles are holding PC gaming

back, Bach replied 'Yes, Absolutely', and added 'That's the biggest problem we have today'. He went on, saying that most games are made for the lowest common denominator (i.e. consoles), and that console games are generally ported to the PC with some higher resolution textures. Bach stressed that DICE is doing the opposite with Battlefield 3 ? the PC version is the lead version and the console versions will be scaled down, as opposed to console version being scaled up to the PC.

Despite favoring the PC platform, DICE has always stated that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will look just as good as anything on the console market today. Bach also commented on whether the Frostbite 2.0 engine will be licensed out to other developers, which he denied with a firm ?No?.

FPS on consoles =

It's all about what you're used to, get over it.

Fact: Console Gaming is holding back Game Tech.

and a mouse can aim way faster

Please show me evidence of this fact.

Some people like one some people like the other, not sure why people get so worked up about it.

They both have positives and negatives and are made for different groups of people.

The point that Craig was making is that game developers are now slowing down on advancing graphics technology because they need to make games which run on the consoles as well as pc's. Until we get a new generation of consoles this will be the case for all games designed to run on the 3 main platforms. Only PC exclusives will truly make an attempt to utilise pc hardware to it's fullest.

It's as close to a fact as you can get given that Patrick Bach, the executive producer on BF3 has mentioned this in a few interviews recently. I think he knows what's up.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/gaming/dice_consoles_are_holding_pc_games_back_bf3_aiming_fix

Edit// Shit beaten to it.

im not the biggest fan of running round getting shot at anyway.

paintball is humiliating enough,i dont need little kids (and everyone else in the world)owning me with pretend automatic weapons.

all about this at my house: