Good and cheap automotive places

Taiko

Hey guys,

My car has more issues than i do, and i'm keen to take it in to a good, and hopefully reasonably cheap, mechanic/automotive place to get a couple of things looked at.

Can anyone recommend any in the central/Mt Eden area and/or Albany?

Any help much appreciated!

Chur.

I used to work for Taylor Automotive down by the prison. They do a good job there but I don't think they're the cheapist.

You could also try Crystal Motors down by the tv3 building on Ruru Street. They're a good bunch of guys.

Badman 92 Bluebird SSS auto.

Split CV boots. Plus, doing occassional weird 'hiccuping' when in 1st/2nd gear - like it's trying to pull away on me. Hard to explain.

edit: when i say badman, i mean shit.

I used to go to this place where a gang of Asians would fix your car fast and cheap. Its called Total Vehicle Operations, 9 Eden St, Newmarket.

Another chap who is a legend, at TTT Auto Engineering, 222 Dominion Road right behind the Ginger minx/Dominion etc.

I painted his logo on his roller door and put a new exhaust on my car and charged me only for the part. My mate had a WRX and bought his brake pads from repco and this guy chucked them on for 40 bucks.

Seems like a genuine chap but I dont know how long you will have to wait sometimes cause he often is busy working on project/race cars etc.

Another chap who is a legend, at TTT Auto Engineering, 222 Dominion Road right behind the Ginger minx/Dominion etc.

I painted his logo on his roller door and put a new exhaust on my car and charged me only for the part. My mate had a WRX and bought his brake pads from repco and this guy chucked them on for 40 bucks.

Seems like a genuine chap but I dont know how long you will have to wait sometimes cause he often is busy working on project/race cars etc.

Chur for the heads up, will keep in mind next time.

I ended up ticketing up the livingsocial deal on Friday for a $99 full service at Forkert Automotive Ltd on Nelson St. A pretty good price on replacing the CV Boots as well. Will see how it goes. :fingers crossed:

• 2 weeks later...
I used to go to this place where a gang of Asians would fix your car fast and cheap. Its called Total Vehicle Operations, 9 Eden St, Newmarket.

would avoid this place. they are cheap but do a pretty avg job. have had to get stuff redone twice now from there. also when they did my wof they reported the KMs incorrectly (way less than what it actually is) and now it looks like my speedo has been wound back http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=cmd260