Havoc back on Breakie on the bosom.

blacbeard

Wallace Chapman has quit the breakfast slot after discovering that the sweaty drive DJ, Mikey Havoc was being re-instated to the position of Breakfast DJ. There has been almost universal critisism of this move from the listeners of BFM, which have been dwindling in numbers for a few years now as mainstream stations play more hip hop and "alternative" musics, and stations such as George wave the banner for dance music.

Moves to reinvigorate the slot after the departure of the best breakfast DJ ever Hugh Sundae (IMHO) failed dismally. I'm sure you all remember the black days of Camillas Breakfast (Get used to it MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!) May her name never blacken the breakfast slot ever again.

What do you think of all this?

whos havoc again?

is he that fucking maggot house crack head who goes out with that skank from shorty?

isnt he living in a crack house in papatoetoe?

im sure I saw him at hunters corner tryna pimp boot legs of that infernal album by that infernal band push push///

I saw Hugh Sundae in Portobello markets today if that counts =)

Mikey is not what is required for the breakfast slot.

two words... FRESH BLOOD, NEW TALENT etc etc etc. The B had great drive hosts a few years ago when each day had a different host and the taste in music slightly varied, depending on who was on. Problem is that there arent many new ones. Plus the B has to contest with stations like Base FM now.

Mikey is good, sparingly - NOT all the time.

thats four words....

but yes I know what you mean. the good ship b is starting to stink a little. The old guard are growing old and flacid. The young are being taught to worship the old guard (The new ads are just deliberate rehashes of the old) and don't have a new thought in there head.

There is too much shitty garage rock on the B!!!!

More Dubstep would be nice. New and exciting. The B used to be at the cutting edge but is now blunt.

Havoc is a don, nuff said. Best fucken radio show host bFM has ever had. Generally I think he's better suited for the 10am slot or Drive than Breakfast as he's pretty full on, but this is commercial radio folks, and the breakfast slot is the most important timeslot for both advertising revenue and securing the afternoon audience. Standard.

Wallace is a nob, I'm sorry. Great for the bit-parts in ads, but he lacks the charisma that Havo has. Besides, (and I mean no offence by this) he's too old. Must say however, that I can actually handle listening to bFM prior to 10am now, unlike back when Cumilla was on the air, during the height of bFMs angry-lesbian-rock obsession. Don't get me started on her though..

Base FM + George FM have sucked up a lot of the traditional bFM listenership but Base FM has failed to capitalise on this by not getting enough capital injection; and as a result has lost listeners and it's flagship jocks Slave + Otis, who have returned to bFM. Sadly I don't think there's much of a future for Base, every since Manny left it's gone downhill.

George has a tight brand, it knows who it's audience is, and they love it. 95bFM still needs to sort it's shit out.

Wallace was a nice guy, but your probably right, he's not 'zany' or 'kooky' (i'm doing that stupid inverted comas sign when I use those awesome descriptors) to keep people awake on there way to work. Even though havoc is a bit more fun, he's got his head so far up his arse along with his ego you just want to give him a boot in the nuts to sort him out. He's an old turgid geezer now too. He's just as bad as the arseholes he rants and foams about when he's sweating into the mic.

Alice, and Nick D are my two fav "young" b presenters and the guy that does the jazz show is alright too.

I want to be exhilerated when I listen to the B like I used too, they are doing everything they can to break the foundation that they spent so long building the station on. New Blood, New Blood, New Blood.

Wallace was a nice guy, but your probably right, he's not 'zany' or 'kooky' (i'm doing that stupid inverted comas sign when I use those awesome descriptors) to keep people awake on there way to work. Even though havoc is a bit more fun, he's got his head so far up his arse along with his ego you just want to give him a boot in the nuts to sort him out. He's an old turgid geezer now too. He's just as bad as the arseholes he rants and foams about when he's sweating into the mic.

totally agree with this.

havoc's chronic tardiness is also an issue. i don't think i've ever listened to a show of his in which he has arrived on time

then there's his choice of dance music

anyone heard him on the decks? haha

dunc tha funk on breakfast - now thats what we need =)

Alice, Nick D, the chick that does the news when Wallace was on (Aroha?) all good, but Havoc is not Breakfast host material. Drive YES, 10 am YES, but not breakfast.

Pffft what are yous on about, Havoc is a wicked DJ on the radio!

At least he actually plays his own selection of tunes, unlike most bFM DJs these days (Wallace included) who just pick off the playlist. I've been bored to death of that shit over the past few weeks..

Havoc knows his club DJ career is a joke, just like the rest of us. But playing to a club and playing on the radio are completely different concepts. I've heard Havoc play some phat dance tunes on the radio, and then follow it up with something like 'Tool - Hooker with a penis' or 'Soundgarden - Limo Wreck'. And there's no shortage of people going absolutely nuts when he plays at clubs. A sham? Yes.. but a case of hating the player rather than the game? Definitely..

Nick is probably the best DJ/host bFM have right now, and there's a few gems in the Wire / Daytime slots as well. Alice is good. Aroha is wicked.. and although it's irrelevant she's a babe. And of course the specialty show selectas still hold it down.. Dubhead, Stinky Jim, Presha etc. Dunc Tha Funk on breakfast would be the jam!!! Musically at least.. Thing is, Havoc might be a bit of a rambler, but that's what the breakfast slot is all about. Like you said blacbeard it's about "keeping people awake on the way to work". Pretty much all successful radio show personalities get where they are for being controversial. How many people hate Paul Holmes? How many people watched him on TV? Leighton Smith anyone?

PS- Push Push - Trippin is a classic.. :badteef: